Prologue

Many Years Ago...

A man was running in the halls of his house. Fear was clouding his mind. If he doesn't do it, everything will go wrong. He ran and ran until he saw his daughter's room. He saw Kirika crumbled into a ball. The girl looked up to her father.

"Daddy!" she cried, "Help me!"

He felt her fear as she screamed. He knelt down.

"Don't be scared my child." he said as he hugged her, "You'll be safe."

He then took his 7-year-old daughter and brought her to a room that she had never seen before. She then saw what looked like a tunnel.

"Where are we going daddy?" asked Kirika as her eyes trailed to the tunnel.

"I'm sorry..." said her father, "...I'm afraid there is no 'we'."

"Wh-what do you mean?" said Kirika, she then realized what he meant, "No...no, please don't...I can't go without you!"

"It's okay my daughter..."

Then an explosion happened. Kirika screamed and saw Undines march through the hole.  Undines were water-using fairies.  Spriggans, like Kirika and her father, are fairies of night.  Their powers focus more on illusion.  Their main color code was black, matching with the dark nightsky.

"Cator," said the first Undine, he then pointed at Kirika, "a child!"

The Undine then grabbed Kirika, causing her to scream in fear, Cator then punched the Undine in the chest, sending him into the air. Cator then threw down a lever, and soon, a door fell, closing him and the rest of his family inside that room. He then met with the Kirika's mother.  Then, a few Sylphs came out of the tunnel.  They were fairies that wore green and their powers were more on the nature side.

"Are they ready?" he asked.

"We are." said the male Sylph. 

Cator's wife's face showed a hint of uncertainty.

"Good..." said the father, "...will Kirika be safe there?"

"Yes".

"Good," said Cator, he looked to his wife, who is already mentally begging him not to do this, "we must, Carinda. She needs to get to their home. Our kind is all going to die, and Kirika must live as the last if she has to."

"Then what's next?" said Carinda in tears, "Will she not get hurt as well?"

"No...there is still good out there. No more can be found here."

"Very well then. Just let me hold Kirika just a bit more."

Her husband allowed it. Cator gave Carinda her daughter, who hugged her mother tightly. After a few moments, she finally gave Kirika back to Cator.  Kirika then moved towards the Sylphs.

"Let's go, Kirika." said one of the Sylphs.

The tunnel was then closed.  Kirika cried silently, knowing that seeing her parents again would probably be the most impossible thing to do anytime, anywhere.  

Many Years Later...

It was a dark, muddy, wet, and stormy in the night. Kirika was walking towards the inn for dinner. She got her food and sat down all by herself. She then turned to her right and saw a man staring at her from one side of the inn. She turned to her left and saw another man on the other side. 

"Weirdos."  she said to herelf. 

 The men got up. Kirika could see that they were walking towards her.  She could tell that they were after her.  She may not know why, but she knows what to do.

"Oh, boy." she said to herself again.

She then grabs the hilt of her sword, waiting for them. Suddenly, a big dark-skinned man sat in front of her.  The two men then stopped.  Kirika felt at ease, for she recognized this man.

"Mind if I join you?" the man asked.

"No, please sit, Agil." said Kirika.

The two men then left. Kirika sighed a breath of relief and released the grip of her sword.

"So, what brings you here?" asked Agil.

"Nothing." said Kirika, "What about you?"

Agil explained that he rode in town.  He then bumped into a bunch of mysterious characters.  They mistook him for a vagabond.  Kirika couldn't help, but she chuckled.  She imagined that they regretted that.

"One of them carried a message." said Agil as he got out a piece of paper, "Promise of payment." 

"For what?" asked Kirika. 

Kirika's face got serious.  She looked at the paper.  Agil hesitated at first.  He then gathered himself and said it.

"Your head." he said.

Kirika then looks up.  Slight fear showing itself in her eyes.

"Someone wants you dead." said Agil, he then leaned close to her, "Someone found out who you really are."

"The Sylph family...my cousin...they're in danger." said Kirika in horror, "I must leave, if I am to save them."

"Are you sure, Kirika?"

"Yes, Agil.  See you later...much later."

Kirika then got up and left the inn.

"Good luck, Kirika." Agil said to himself, "May the Alfs be with you."

Kirika then left the inn.  She knew that leaving without the Sylph family knowing of it wouldn't be wise.  But she couldn't allow them to know where she was going.  Otherwise, that'll be her and their end.  She then put on a cloak and flew away.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Insane prologue...