Chapter 7: Never Give Up

A Few Minutes Later...

Asuto was dragged to his mansion by his father.  He is then thrown into a dark room.

"I should've known." said Heathcliff ragfully, "I should've seen it."

"Father-" Asuto started.

"You lied to me!  You wanted to kill her!"

"Listen that was before...oh gosh..."

"You tricked me...and lied to me!"

Asuto was so frustrated and confused.  He didn't know what to do, and his father was not listening to him, as always.  

"Listen, you can take this all out on me," said Asuto, putting his hand over his chest, "be mad at me, hate me, but just please...just don't hurt Kirika!"

"The spriggan?" asked Heathcliff, turning to his son, shocked, "That's what you're worried about?!  Not the people you almost killed?!"

"She was just protecting me, she's not dangerous!"

"Her kind, killed hundres of us!"

"And we've killed her entire race!  Her entire family!  She's defending herself, that's all!  She's along with them raiding us because she has too!  If she fails, she'll be hurt!  There's something at their island, father!  It's...i-it's a huge sala-!"

"Their island?!  So you've been to their base?"

"Did I say, 'base'-?"

"How did you find it?!"

"No, I didn't, Kirika did.  Only a member of the raid group can find the island."

Asuto then realized his most fatal mistake.  The truth to Kirika was thrown in her face, and now he's endangering his father and her.  He realized it as soon as he sees a sinister look on Heathcliff's face.

"Oh, no." he said in fear, "No, no, father, no!  It's not what you think it is!  You've never seen this thing!"

Heathcliff then pushes his son aside, heading for the entrance of the mansion.

"Father, please, I know you can't fight this one." Asuto pleaded, he then runs to his father, "Father, no.  For once in your life, just please listen to me!"

Asuto grabs onto Heathcliff, but is easily thrown off.  The Commander then turns to the Vice Commander.

"You've taken her side." he said, "I'm embarrassed, to call someone like you...my son."

Heathcliff then turned and walked outside.

"Ready the ships!!!" he roared.

The Commander then slammed the door.  Leaving Asuto, all alone, to battle his tears in the darkness.

Later...

The men loaded up the weapons, soon, it was Kirika's turn.  She was very fiesty, but soon gave up as soon as she saw the Commander.

"Lead us." he said.

Asuto could watch everything happening.  He saw his father take one look at him before leaving.  His angry, dissappointed scowl was something he will never ever forget.  Liz joined him.  The two watched the boats move away.

"I'm sorry, Asuto." said Liz, holding Asuto's arm, "I know that you must be feeling horrible."

"Yeah, thank you bringing that back." said Asuto, turning to Liz, "Why am I feeling that I should've killed Kirika when I found her in the woods, or back up the mountain?  Would've been better for everyone else."

"Yep, even I would've done it.  So...why not you?"

"I don't know, I just couldn't."

"I know you have a REAL answer."

"I just don't know, I just wouldn't kill Kirika."

"You just said, 'wouldn't'."

"Whatever, Liz, I just wouldn't."

"You know Asuto, you just need to find that in yourself."

Asuto looked back at the horizon of the sea.  He then took a huge deep breath.

"I wouldn't kill her because she was as scared as I was." he said, turning to Liz, "I took one look at her...and I saw a reflection of...me..."

"So," said Liz, "what're you gonna do about it now that it seems that she's frightened now?"

"Maybe something stupid."

"Do something stupid?"

"I dare to be stupid."

Later...

A samurai, a little girl, and a dark-skinned man came into Asuto's mansion.  Asuto and Liz were waiting for them.

"Oh, great, you're here." said Asuto, "We were expecting you."

"Great." said the samurai, "I'm Klein."

"I'm Silica." said the little girl.

"Agil." sai dthe dark-skinned man.

"You all got my message?" asked Asuto.

"Yes, sir." said Klein.

"We're gonna get Kirika back.  How many of you are humans?"

Only Klein raised his hand.  Okay, Asuto thought, Three faires, two humans.  He then turned to the human blacksmith.

"Okay, uh..." he said, "...Agil, you carry Klein, Liz, you ride on me."

The five then took off to the sky.  The flew in the air to get their friend back.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Teamwork!