Halloween

The week of Halloween seemed to drag on and on, and by the time classes ended on Friday, you were more than ready for the weekend. You and Liz had a relaxed girls evening that night, ordering takeout, doing face masks, and talking shit about boys. Mostly Rafe, but with a dash of Kelce, because since she'd agreed to go to formal with him (which was over a month away still), he was acting different. You had a theory that he was starting to like her, but of course she shot that down (and she may have gotten a little pissed when you asked "doesn't feel good to be accused of things, does it?" when she was adamant that she didn't like him like that either).

When Saturday rolls around, you are more than ready. Jonathan's Halloween party was tonight, and you were going to look amazing. Your costume was the perfect mix of cute and slutty, it was wash day so your hair was going to look amazing, and Liz had offered to help you get the perfect wing on your liquid eyeliner.

"Y/n, hurry up! They're on their way over here!" Liz calls to you as you carefully place your headband and fluff your curls.

"I just need hairspray!" you call back, quickly dousing your hair. You give yourself one final look in your mirror before grabbing your phone and apartment key and walking out to the living room.

"Ooooh, look at you, give me a spin so I can get the full effect," she says, eyeing your costume.

You do a quick spin and a few poses. You were dressed as Wonder Woman (the Gal Gadot version, obviously), and Rafe was going as Clark Kent/Superman. You hadn't planned on matching, really, but when you came across the Wonder Woman costume, Rafe got excited and insisted on being Superman because he said he already had everything he needed for the costume. You didn't mind it really, and you were a couple, plus the reminder to everyone at the party wouldn't hurt.

Keeping the superhero theme, Liz was dressed as Black Widow, and she certainly had the body for it. She looked amazing in her skintight black jumpsuit, and she'd managed to find a wig online for pretty cheap that looked realistic. Kelce was being Black Panther, and all in all, your group was giving DC vs Marvel.

The boys arrive a few minutes later, and Rafe grins as he takes in how you look in your costume. His imagination did not do you justice.

"Wow, look at you," he says, grabbing your hand to make you do a little twirl.

"I know," you say sweetly, smirking at him.

He looked good, too. He'd gone for the transformation look, with dark dress pants, a crisp white dress shirt that he'd left mostly unbuttoned and had tucked in his pants, with a fitted shirt with the Superman logo showing underneath. He even had the black rimmed glasses, which you'd never seen him wear before and you were suddenly mad that you'd never experienced Glasses Rafe.

"Are these real?" you ask, stepping close and reaching up to tap the lens.

He bats your hand away. "They're blue light glasses," he explains. "For when I have to be on my computer for a long time. Do they make me look nerdy?" he asks.

"No, they suit you. Very Clark Kent," you reply.

He frowns. "But Clark Kent is supposed to be sort of nerdy, and then when he's Superman he's the handsome hero," he says.

You roll your eyes. "Did Henry Cavill look nerdy as Clark Kent?"

"Well, no..."

"Exactly. He looked gorgeous. Although, to be fair, I've never seen him not look gorgeous—"

"Stop fangirling about Henry Cavill," he groans.

"My point is that you look good," you say. "Except for this jealous pout. So quit."