Day One - FitzSimmons

A/N Just because they're my OTP for life and thy're so cute and I ship them so much. This One-Shot plays after the last episode of season one. I'm sorry for mistakes. Just ignore them. And... Enjoy. :)

(And sorry that it comes so late but OpenOffice crashed and I had to write it all again... -.-)

Jemma sat on a chair. Fitz lay in a bed beside her. Six days had passed. Six days in which Fitz didn't made a move. Six days in which Jemma woke up every morning, hopeful, just to come here and see that Fitz was still asleep. She still didn't know when Fitz would wake up or if he would wake up at all.

A tear rolled down her cheek. All she wanted was to get her best friend back. Her best friend who became so much more than a best friend to her. She remembered every little detail of the day in which they were trapped in that stupid pod, far under sea level. She remembered every single word they spoke, every single move they made. And she wished that she could time travel and change what happened.

She stood in front of Fitz in this stupid pod somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

Now, this is near empty, but I've rigged it to let out a burst of very high pressure should force a breath into your lungs, but you have to hold on to it, okay? Hold on tight. Should be enough to get you up the 90 feet or so.", Fitz said and gave her the breath-thing. Jemma was confused.

One breath? But there's two of us."

She couldn't believe what he said.

Yeah, I've done the math.", Fitz said. „That's why you're taking it. You're the better swimmer, anyway."

Did that mean she had to leave Fitz here, without oxygen in the middle of the ocean?

No."

Jemma." Fitz closed his eyes for a moment.

No! I'm not leaving you here. That's ridiculous. We need a new plan!"

Jemma just couldn't believe what he was asking of her.

We're not discussing it, okay?" It wasn't a question. „You're taking it end of story. I couldn't live if you didn't."

Well, I feel the same way.", Jemma replied. „There has to be another way."

You're taking it."

Why?" Now Jemma almost yelled. „Why would you make me do that? You're my best friend in the world!"

Yeah, and you're more than that, Jemma."

Jemma trailed. She couldn't believe her ears. Did he really said that?

Fitz sighed.

I couldn't find the courage to tell you. So please... Let me show you."

Jemma sniffled. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She wanted to scream, to let out all her feelings. But she couldn't. Instead of that she just wrapped her arms around him, crying.

It's okay.", Fitz mumbled.

No.", Jemma sniffled. It wasn't okay. It was everything but okay. She couldn't believe what was happening, she couldn't believe what he said and she just didn't know why she didn't answered. She wanted to tell him what she was feeling for him. Really. But she couldn't. The whole situation was just too much for her. She only could think about that she was about to lose Fitz.

She distributed little kisses on his face.

Jemma.", Fitz said. „Jemma. Jemma, we have to hurry."

No."

Take it, Jemma."

No."

Take it."

Jemma freed herself from the embrace, still crying. She wouldn't let this happen.

No."

Before she could do anything to stop him Fitz pressed that stupid button.

Noooo!", Jemma yelled. The window gave way and water flooded in.

Jemma could not think of what could had happened if Fury didn't saved them.

Fitz survived but he still was in a coma and nobody knew when he would wake up. It could take days, weeks or even months or years.

She regretted it so much that she didn't told him what she felt for him. Now she didn't know if she would get this chance ever again.

Somebody knocked on the door and Coulson appeared in the doorway.

„Agent Simmons?", he said. „We could need you here."

Jemma sniffed and wiped away the tears. Then she nodded. She stood up, took a last sight at Fitz and left the room.