Day Three - Like a secret

Idk, I just started writing and this came out. Enjoy. :D

Jane yawned and turned around in her bed.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The alarm went off, telling her that she had to go to work.

„Shut up.", she groaned as if the alarm would listen to her words. She worked as a waitress in a little café on the outskirts but she lived in the city center so she had to get up early. And she hated to get up early.

Without a warning the door was pushed open and her best friend Peter entered the room and pulled the curtains aside.

„Come on, morning grouch.", he said with a grin. „You'll be late for work."

Jane groaned again and threw her pillow at him.

„You can talk.", she mumbled. Peter was a totally early riser.

„And when the hell will you give me back my spare key?", she asked and finally got up. Jane gave Peter her spare key in the holidays so he could water her plants while she was in paris. He kept it.

„I will keep it as long as you aren't able to get up by yourself.", he said grinning and left the room.

„And now get ready!", she could hear him calling from the kitchen.

Jane yawned and took her clothes from the chair that stood beside her bed. Then she left the bedroom and walked into the bathroom where she brushed her teeth, took a shower and changed her clothes.

As she left the bathroom she could smell bacon and eggs. Her stomach growled. She felt like she hadn't eaten for ages. She entered the kitchen and saw Peter at the stove – like always. He was making breakfast – like always.

Jane dropped into a chair and watched Peter. She wondered if it wasn't boring for him to come here every day and make breakfast. But he wouldn't come if it was, would he? Jane sighed. It was pretty hard to figure out what Peter was thinking. He was always the happy guy who had always a joke and never seemed to be sad or bored. Normally she was a pretty good judge of character but she knew Peter for six years now and she still wasn't able to read his mind. He was like a secret that no one would ever know.

Peter turned around and placed two plates with bacon and eggs on the table.

„Enjoy your meal.", he said and sat down in front of her.

„Enjoy your meal.", she replied and started to eat. None of them said a word as they were eating. It was a pleasant silence. The kind of silence that was there when you feel comfortable, even without a word.

After the meal Jane cleared the plates aside. They both left the kitchen and Jane put on shoes and jacket. Peter held the door open and grinned at her.

„Ladies first.", he said. Jane rolled her eyes but left the apartment before Peter.

He maybe was a secret but he was the kind of secret you are happy to keep, even without knowing the deeper meaning.