Day Four - FitzSimmons... again

„We need to find a way out of here!", Simmons said, walking around in the little room in which they were trapped.

„There is no way out." Fitz sat on the floor, leaning on a wall. Simmons sighed resigned and sat down beside him. They were captured by Hydra when they found a strange activity in the building and were about to look what it was. The whole team were on a mission so nobody would notice their disappearance.

„We shouldn't have left the lab.", Simmons mumbled. Fitz raised an eyebrow.

„And who wanted to leave the lab and search for this stupid activity?"

„What does that mean?", Simmons asked.

„Oh, I'm just saying that we wouldn't be here if you've didn't wanted not to wait for the others."

„So, you're saying that it's my fault that we were catched by Hydra? You wanted to check this activity!"

„And I said we should wait for the others but you-"

Jemma raised her hands and interrupted him: „Stop! Arguing doesn't help us. How can we contact Coulson?"

"I don't know.", he admitted. Simmons moaned.

They sat there in silence for about five minutes then Fitz sighed: „We will die down here."

She turned her head and looked at him.

„Don't be so negative! We'll find a way out. It'll just... take some time."

Fitz sighed again. They both knew that this was a lie. The room was well secured. Fitz was right, there was no way out and they both knew that.

„And now?", Jemma asked. Fitz said nothing. Because there was nothing to say. He had no idea.

They were silent for a while again.

„You never gave me an answer.", Fitz said then softly.

„What?" Simmons was confused. What was he talking about?

„You know..", Fitz whispered. „What I said... in the pod..."

He focused on a point on the opposite wall, careful not to look at her. He didn't know why he started to talk about this day. Maybe it was because he thought they were going to die. Maybe it was because he needed an answer. Maybe it was because he finally had the chance to talk about it.

„Fitz, I-... Uhm...", Simmons stuttered, still a bit confused.

Fitz closed his eyes. He knew it. She didn't feel the same way. But instead of a rebuff he felt her lips on his. He opened his eyes, confused. It was really Jemma. And she was kissing him. He closed his eyes again and kissed her back.

He couldn't explain the luck he felt at that moment.

Simmons pulled back and whispered: „I love you, Fitz."

Fitz smiled.

„I love you too, Jemma Simmons."

***

An hour later sounded shots. Simmons who was sleeping in Fitz's arms was awakened by the noises.

„What's this?", she asked and looked around confused. Fitz stood up.

„I don't know.", he whispered.

Another five minutes later they heard voices from the corridor, then the door flipped open and Coulson and May entered the room.

„What the hell were you thinking?", asked Coulson right after he entered the room and gave FitzSimmons angry stares.

„We just... We thought...", started Jemma, then hesitated and asked: „How did you found us?"

„We came back and you two weren't there. We found records of a strange activity and came here.", explained May.

„So?", Coulson asked.

„Long story.", mumbled Fitz and Simmons stood up. Coulson sighed.

„You can tell us on the way back.", he said. „Now go."

FitzSimmons grabbed each others hands, smiling, and left the room. May and Coulson followed them.