nine

~one month later~

Robin holds me close as he thrusts inside me and I let out soft moans. I grab a hand full of his hair as he picks up speed. "Oh yes" I moan out. Just as he climaxes I don't fall far behind. He slides out and layes beside me. "That was amazing, my love." Says trying to catch his breath." It wasn't too bad. " I laugh. He smiles and faces twords me. " We really hit a dry patch in our merrige, but it really seems as if we're moving on. " He smiles." You think so? "

" Yeah." He nods. " Why do you think we hit a dry patch? " I sigh." Well, since we're moving on I guess you should know." He says while sitting up in the bed. " Do you remember my secretary, Roxy?"

"Maybe?" I say while sitting up as well to prepare for whatever he's about to say.

"We had a few on and off again flings." Robin says with no emotion for remorse. "Excuse me?!"

"Yes, we had an affair a few months after we got married."

I get out of the bed and sit on the side, facing the wall. "You're telling me you fucked your secretary only weeks after we got married?" I say low trying to prosses. This entire time I thought our corrupt marriage was my fault....it was hisd. "Well, yeah. But it's in the past." He shrugs.

" You completely avoided me for a year in our merrige because you fucked your secretary?!" I yell, getting up from the bed and shouting at him.

"Well... Yeah, she got pregnant." Robin says getting up from the bed. "You got her pregnant?" Is all I can say, in complete shock. "It's not like I was planning for that to happen." He says while walking over to me and holding my shoulders. "Get your fucking hands off me." I spit.

"So what? You got her pregnant then ran back to me? Why"
"That doesn't matter" "why!" I yell. "She was no longer pregnant..." He says avoiding eye contact.

"You paied for that bitch to get an abortion?" I scoff." It wasn't a lot of money and I seen no need to ruin her life with my mistake. "

" Ruin her life? Robin, what about our merrige? We promised to care for one another through sickness and in health! AND YOU THREW IT ALL AWAY WEEKS AFTER YOU PROMISED A LIFE WITH ME. "

" It's all in the past now, my love. There's no need to get angry" " I'm far beyond angry! Why? Why did you have to throw this away? Was I not good enough?"

"I don't know...she was hot and I thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal."

" A big deal? And to think I felt bad for you" I push him away and walk to the door." Bad for me? For what? "

"Because while you were at home, laying on your ass, your wife was out fucking  everyone in town."

He shrugs his shoulders." I don't see why you're mad. You cheated on me."

" Don't do that" " do what? " " Act like you're  the victim! YOU are the one who screwed this union! You're the one who got your secretary pregnant and made me feel as if I wasn't good enough! " I say while my eyes start to burn with tears.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't kn-" "bullshit. You didn't even come home most nights. Now I know why. Do you know how lonley it was being married and still feeling alone? How lonley it was going to sleep with you gone and waking up, and you still weren't there!? I spent almost a year in this god awful house thinking it was my fault you were gone, then another year beating myself up because I felt bad for sneaking around behind your back. All along it was your fault! You did this to us!"

"Listen, we've both made mistakes-" "I want you to get out my house" I say forcing it out as a whisper

"What? You're joking. It's two in the morning."

"I'm sure you'll find a cheap ass motel somewhere. Probably one of the ones you took your cheep ass secretary."

Robin scoffs.  "take whatever shit you can, because it's all going to the goodwill tomorrow.

Robin grabs his clothes off the floor and leaves the room. I hear his footsteps walk out the front door. What the hell just happened?

I throw an oversized sweater on and grab my phone.

~~

There's a nock at the door and in walks Emma. "Regina? Are you ok? You sounded really hurt over the phone?" She calls out.

"In here" I slur while calling out from the kitchen.

"Gina wh-" is all she says before she enters the kitchen.  "What are you doing?"

"It was all his fault." I try to push out but notice it comes out as a whisper.
"What?" Emma asks confused.
I pull my wineglass up to my lips but Emma drags it out of my hand.
"What was who's fault? What happened to you?"she asks now concerned.

I try to lift my head up but now realize how heavy it is. Am I shaking?

"Regina talk to me."
" He was planning to leave me for his secretary." I say with my eyes watering.

Emma takes the the wine bottles from the counter and puts them in the sink, along with my glass. Trying to avoid the broken bottle on the ground

" He did this to me....he made me feel so alone and as if everything was my fault...do you know what that doesn't to a person?"tears start to form

She comes back over to me and tries to lift me up. When she fails I try to push her away but am not strong enough. She picks me up bridal style and I lay my head on her shoulder.

"I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel. I cheated too. And with multiple people- like a lot of--"

"Shhhhh" Emma cuts me off. "You're drunk, you need to calm down." She whispers, now carrying me up the stairs.

"But what am I supposed to do? I've spent my entire life with him. What are my parents going to think of me?"

She pours me into my bed and starts to take my heals off. When my head hits the pillow it feels like glass. "Ow"
She pulls off my dress and pulls the covers over me. She climbs in behind me and wrap her arms around me holding me tight." Shhhh. Everything will be ok" she whispers as I start to dose off.