Chapter 30

"Fuuuuuuuck," I groaned

"Fuuuuuuuck," I groaned. I flopped onto the couch and I rolled myself into it.

"That was crazy," Cooper was gushing. "Lili's family is famous!" He walked around the couch and sat beside me. "This is so cool!"

"I'm exhausted," I groaned. Coop and I watched as Danny dragged himself up the stairs.

"I can't believe you invited her family here," Cooper chuckled. "I never would have done that. One week with a girl and already meeting her entire family? Woof."

I groaned again, "if I had known that all of them would be giving me 'the talk' I would have waited a lot longer."

"All of them?!" Cooper asked gleefully. He had always relished in my pain. "Shit man, good luck."

"Thanks," I said bitterly.

"That girl'd better be special," Cooper hummed.

"I think she is," I murmured as I fell asleep.

_ _ _

"UNCLE JOSH!!" Mila screeched in my ear. I shot up and rolled over. I promptly fell off of the couch.

I groaned in pain as Mila giggled. "You're silly Uncle Josh."

"Yeah," I grunted as I stood up. "I'm a barrel of laughs."

"Come eat pancakes with us," she pleaded.

"Sure thing," I said. She pulled me by the arm into the kitchen. As we rounded the corner and entered the kitchen, I began to smell the pancakes.

"Hey baby."

"Lili? What are you doing here?" I asked.

She flipped a pancake casually, "Mila called me from Danny's phone and begged me to come over."

"Mila," I tutted. Mila only scampered to the kitchen table, where a sack of pancakes was already waiting for her. I walked behind the island and grabbed Lili's waist from behind. She giggled when I put my lips to her neck. She squirmed in my arms as I continued to kiss her neck.

"Wow!" Danny exclaimed as he walked into the kitchen. He makes the point to cover his daughter's eyes. "Do not have S-E-X in front of my daughter."

"Sex!" Mila shouted happily. She had figured it out. Lili covered her mouth to hide her smile, but I wasn't so gracious. I laughed out loud, this only encouraged Mila who started saying it like a chant.

"Sex! Sex! Sex! Sex!" Mila cheared.

"Just eat your pancakes," Danny said as he pushed his daughter's head to the plate in front of her. "So, what's your plan for today?" he asked.

"I'm meeting up with my family. We are going to the Pez factory, because my brother is a child," Lili told them.

"The Pez Factory?!" Mila exclaimed."Daddy can we go to the Pez Factory?" she begged Danny. Danny looked helplessly at his daughter. He had a hockey game this afternoon, but he couldn't take her.

"You are welcome to come with me, Mila," Lili offered.

"Really?!" she said happily.

"Of course!" Lili said. I watched as she ran over to Lili and threw her little arms around her legs. Lili was going to be a great mom someday. Not to our kids, that would be thinking too far into the future. We only got together a week ago. But I had already met her whole family. Nope, I was not going down that road.

Thank you Danny mouthed to Lili.

Anytime she mouthed back.

After an amazing few days with my family and Mila

After an amazing few days with my family and Mila. Apparently Mila and Alex had the same idea of fun, it was time to say goodbye. I was standing at the airport with my family and Josh.

"It was good to see you Lili," Jessie said as she gave me a hug.

I hugged her back, "I'll see you at Christmas."

Alex came in from the side and hugged us both at once. "We are going to miss you Lili."

"I'm going to miss you too," I promised them. "I love you guys."

"We love you," the chorused back. They moved away and my father came in for a hug.

"I'm sorry that you won't be able to come home for Thanksgiving," he said as his arms circled around me.

"It's okay," I assured him. "This was better than that anyway."

"Well I won't tell Grandma you said that," he chuckled. I laughed quietly as I hugged him tightly. "I love you Lili. Call me anytime."

"I love you too, dad. And I will," I kissed him on the cheek and last was Noah.

"If he hurts you, call me, okay?" Noah said, as we both glanced at Josh. "I don't care if I am in the middle of the fucking Thanksgiving game, I will come up here and beat his ass."

I laughed, but I still looked at Josh. He had fit in so well with my family for the past few days, and I know that we could be a pinch intimidating.

"I don't think he is going to hurt me," I told Noah.

"I hope not," he agreed.

We all finished saying our goodbyes and Josh and I watched as my family proceeded further into the airport.

"Your family is amazing," Josh said as we strolled back to the car.

"No," I disagreed. "You, Josh Miller, are amazing."

Word Count: 864