Chapter 33

I had been worried that Josh's family would be standoffish, but they were the friendliest people I had ever met

I had been worried that Josh's family would be standoffish, but they were the friendliest people I had ever met. After those rapid fire questions from his aunts, I seemed to have gained respect from everyone in his family.

His cousin's kids were too cute. And watching Josh play with Charlie made my ovaries burst out of my body. That was when I realized that I want to have Josh's babies. That was also when I realized that I needed to take a step back and evaluate my situation. I am a college student in a relationship that has lasted one month so far. I think that I will just settle for my relationship with Mila for the time being. But I wouldn't mind stealing Charlie and Amelia.

It was getting really late and I was sitting next to Josh, with my head on his shoulder.

"Are you tired?" he asked me quietly.

I yawned, "a little."

"Yeah, right blondie," he said.

I rubbed my eyes, in an attempt to stay awake.

"No, 'don't call me that'? You really must be tired," he joked.

"I'm fine," I grumbled.

I could feel Josh's chest rumble from beneath me. "Come on," he said. He stood up off of the couch and pulled me along with him.

"Lili and I are going to bed," he told his family.

Good night chorused us. Josh led me up the stairs by the hand and we turned into a bedroom. He flicked on the lights. That was when I realized that we were standing in his childhood bedroom. I looked around and it had clearly been converted into more of a guest room, but photos on the walls were of Josh. There was hockey memorabilia on the shelves of the book shelf, in lou of books.

"Is this your room?" I asked him, with a smile.

"Yeah," he said sheepishly. He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at the floor.

"I like it a lot," I said. I couldn't put my finger on what it was exactly, but the room felt a lot like Josh.

"I like you a lot," he told me. He hooked his hands together around my back so that we were chest to chest. I smiled and we both leaned in for a kiss.

His lips were soft against mine, slowly molding to mine. I returned the kiss slowly trying to memorize every movement. My hand lifted to the side of his face and his hand reached the back of my neck. He moved his lips from mine and began kissing sensually along my jawline and slowly down my neck. My heart raced a million miles an hour as I let out a quiet, pining groan. This seemed to encourage him because he moved his lips back onto mine, and this time it wasn't so soft. His lips mashed against mine and I returned the kiss with equal ferocity. We moved together until I was pushed against the door. His left arm pinned me in place, the feeling of the hard surface on my back, made me gasp. Josh capitalized on this and he stuck his tongue in my mouth. His tongue worked against mine, our tongues battling for control. The hand that was not pinning me to the door, made its way from my neck, slowly grazing the outside of my boob and finding a resting place on my ass. I relinquished control of the kiss, and instead held onto his biceps to keep my standing, my knees were getting weak.