Chapter 35

That girl could not be anymore perfect

That girl could not be anymore perfect. I thought that every time that she did even the smallest thing, but every time I was proven wrong again.

One thing about the Millers that you might not know is that we are competitive as all hell. Our family's philosophy is that everything can be turned into a game that can be won. RIght now for instance, what had started as Lili asking my aunt and uncle how they met, turned into the newlywed game.

The problem with the newlywed game is that you need three couples. And instead of picking the obvious choice of the three couples that were married, it somehow ended up being, Rachel and Darren, Tia Vanessa and Tio Oscar, as well as Lili and I. With only minimal preparation my cousins had come up with a very authentic looking list of questions and our certified scorekeeping board.

Each of the immediate families sat in front of the couples as Ben pulled out the list of questions we were going to be asked. I sat with my back to Lili, facing Rachel as he read the first question. "Where did you two meet?" he asked in his best game show host voice.

I took my pen and jotted down the answer. I knew that he was starting us out with easy ones on purpose.

"DR?" he asked, referring to Darren and Rachel.

"A concert," they said at the same time. Our family clapped for them and Ben added a point to the DR category.

"LJ?" he inquired.

"A party," Lili and I said in sync.

I smiled at her answer. Without looking I stuck my hnd down by her chair and she slapped it. A celebratory low-five.

"VO?" Ben prompted.

"A salsa club," Vanessa and Oscar said at the same time. When they got it right they turned to face each other and they smiled. The look that they shared was even sweeter than a kiss.

"That was too easy," Julia complained. "Skip ahead to the hard ones."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves," Darren laughed skeptically. "Rachel and I have only been married for five years."

Contrary to Darren, Lili said, "Josh and I have only been dating for a month," she reminded him. She turned back to Ben, "bring it on, Josh and I can take it."

My twin and my mother mother cheered for us, as Ben cleared his throat. "As per Julia's request we are skipping ahead to the hard questions: For the not Millers, what is your partner's brother's job?"

I heard Rachel let out a groan. It sounded liek she was not going to get the point for this one. Luckily I had just met Lili's brothers otherwise, I never would have known. I quickly jotted down both an NFL player and a comedian, and held the answers to my chest waiting for Ben to continue.

"VO, you are up first," Ben decided.

"He is retired," Vanessa said confidently.

"Retired," Oscar agreed as he showed the room his answer. Ben granted VO the point.