Unexpected Company

"Have you laid out the napkins, (Y/N)?" Bilbo called from the kitchen. "Yes!"
"Good. Tea will be ready in 5 minutes." I still had my yellow dress on so once I sat down at the dining table I laid a napkin across my lap so I would not get it dirty, I would hate to get any dirt on it.

"Here you go, (Y/N)," Bilbo said as he placed my food in-front of me. "Is there anything you want to drink?" He asked before finally sitting down with a flick of his dressing gown. "I have already placed some water for the both of us." I gestured to the two mugs of water in front of
me. "Ah yes, well tuck in."

Bilbo reached for his knife and fork put paused when there was an unexpected knock at our door. We both exchanged a look as we both knew we weren't expecting company. "Stay here (Y/N), i'll go get that." He stood up and went to the door to find out who was on the other side.
As curious as I was as to who was at the door I remained seated, still listening to the mystery person at our door.

"Dwalin...at your service." A deep, scottish voice spoke from the door. I leaned my head to the left a bit to try and see who was introducing himself at the door but I couldn't see enough. "Uh Bilbo Baggins. At yours, do we know each other?" I heard a man stomp into the house and I reeled back to pretend I hadn't been listening.

"No. Which way, laddie? Is it down here?" I could feel the man walking through the hobbit hole as his boots stomped onto the wood, the vibrations reaching me all the way in the dining room. "Is...is what down where?"
"Supper. He said they would be food, lots of it." I could hear the man dump something heavy into Bilbo's arms. "He said? Who said?"

My eyes widened when a large man entered the dining room. He had a large built, his shoulders were broad and he wore many layers and fur coats. His hair was dark and ran down to below his shoulders however, he had a large bald spot in the centre of his head with tattoos running across it and he had a large beard, the same colour as his hair.

"Good evening, lassie." He bowed his head to me in quite a respectful manner. "Good evening," I quickly stood up to greet out guest? "My name is (Y/N) Baggins." I reached out my hand for him to shake but I awkwardly brought it down when he didn't shake it back.

"Dwalin ." He announced what I'm guessing was his name. "Well it's lovely to meet you Dwalin. However, I do have a few questions." I slowly lowered into my seat as he wondered over to the table. "Yes?"
"Why are you here?" I asked. He sat himself down where Bilbo was meant to sit. "Supper. Is this fish?"
"Oh, um yes. Help yourself." I was rather intimidated by this man so I let him have what was on my plate as well as Bilbos.

"(Y/N)." Bilbo called from across the room. I excused myself and went around the table to Bilbo by the door. "Father." I said keeping one eye on the mysterious man sitting at our dining table.
"Please can you go to your room whilst I direct our...guest...to the door"

Another knock echoed throughout the house. Bilbo made some form of a sound, a whimper,  as he storms off to open the door. An awkward silence was held between Dwalin and I. I tried to spark a conversation but it didn't go to plan. "Do you travel from far?" I started the conversation. "Somewhere in Middle Earth." He shrugged. "Should we expect anymore guests?" Dwalin shrugged again. Well that went well.

"Am I late?" Yet another man helped himself into our home with a more respectful tone yet still with a strong accent. "Late for what?" Bilbo asked. Dwalin had made his way to the front door so I followed him. "Oh! Ha-Ha! Evening Brother." A wide man entered the house and made his way towards Dwalin. He was short and wide, he had white, curly hair and a long white beard which split in the middle, the two partings curled up at the bottom.

"By my beard," Dwalin spoke approaching the other Dwarf and I'm only noticing now how strong his accent was "You're shorter and wider than last we met."
"Wider not shorter," The short dwarf corrected him, although I don't see how that's any better "Sharp enough for the both of us."