The Funeral

TIME JUMP: 3 weeks later

Todays the day. Todays the day we say our final goodbyes to the king, he will be buried and go on to be a legend. Today is the day we say goodbye to a good friend of ours and a loving brother. Kili and I were in his bed chamber getting ready and my dress was breathtaking.

(Y/N)'s dress:

Kili has been really quiet this morning, he's barley said anything which I can understand

Kili has been really quiet this morning, he's barley said anything which I can understand. Kili is dressed and ready, he is now just sitting at the foot of the bed with his head in his hands. I was stood by the bathroom door frame watching him. I felt sad watching him, my heart aches for him. I think he sensed me standing there because he looked at me, his eyes trailed up and down my body. I have had many new dresses made and shipped all across middle-earth for me, this is one of my newer dresses.

"You look beautiful." He said with no energy. "And so do you." I sat down on the bed next to him, our shoulders touching. I could feel my dress pulling under me, I slightly tugged up my dress and adjusted myself. Kili looked at me with a sad expression, I held his hand and squeezed it tight. I gave him a reassuring look and rested my head on his shoulder.

We sat there in silence until we heard a knock at the door. With my dress trailing behind me I stood up and opened the door. I was slightly surprised when I saw the whole company outside of our door. They all shared the same expressions, Bilbo was also there and he looked as if he had been crying and that tore my heart.

"It's time." Balin said. I nodded as I returned to Kili at the bed, leaving the company by the open door.
"Kili, it's time." He rubbed a hand over his eyes and stood up. It seemed he got barley any sleep, he looked exhausted and he had bangs under his eyes. He blew out a breath before nodding. We walked out the chamber, Kili and I as well as the company made our way down to the funeral room where Thorin and Fili's tomb will lie.

The closer we get to the hall the more mourning and sadness you can feel around you. We were finally outside of the doors, candles were lit along the outside. On the other side of this door, hundreds of dwarves over middle-earth and beyond will be standing there watching us with Thorin and Fili bodies waiting.

The thought of seeing them again formed a pit in my stomach. Ever since I witness them die in-front of me I've tired my hardest to block it out of my mind to try and suppress the pain. Filis eyes. His beautiful eyes the colour of a clear sky, or the gentle ripples of the crystal bottomless blue, starring up at heavens with all laughter and joy stolen from them. Soulless.

And Thorins body. The man who led us to victory in the Battle of the Five Armies didn't even get to see the success he brought. These dwarves saw him as a true king, they admired him, and so did I. The last words he spoke were to my father, and I can imagine the pain in it of having to let go of the world he barely got to experience for himself. He still had so much waiting for him in life.