Mirkwood

We seemed to be walking for hours now, this forest seems never ending but apparently we've only been walking for only twenty minutes. "The path leads this way."
We carefully followed the path, cautious that we did not loose it. There is no sign of life here. The trees have no leaves and not a single flower or plant in sight. The sky is gloomy and the air is stuffy, everything around us seemed to have a grey tint to it, it is an environment that anyone who has not seen it for themselves will not understand and it stunk of something I couldn't quite name. But all we could do was ignore it and keep on walking.

——————

We are still walking and sometimes I think this path is leading us nowhere. The further into the woods the darker it gets. The air is humid and dirty. My head feels like it's floating yet heavy at the same time."Air! I need air." Bofur is just barely getting by, he's practically green. "My head feels like air and I feel sick to my stomach. What is happening?" I groaned as I clutched my stomach which churned.

Every time I turned my head it felt like I could fall over it was that light and my eyes darted around, I was delusional. We all knocked into each other as Nori at the front of the line had stopped walking. Thorin pushed passed us all to the front of the line."Nori? What is it?"
"It's the path. It's gone." He pointed towards a cliff where there was no path in sight.

"What's happening?" Fili called from the back. "We've lost the path!" Oin threw his hands up. Of course we did the one thing Gandalf told us not to do. "Find the path. All of you, look. Look for the path!" Thorin demanded. If we fail to find this path...then we're never leaving.

Whilst still a reasonable distance from each other we all split up and looked for the path. "This place doesn't look familiar. None of it." Balin's voice echoed in my head. Eveything seemed distorted, when someone spoke it sounded gibberish and everything around me looked like something it was not, faces seemed to be etched into the wood and overhanging branches looked like a claw reaching out for me.

"I think i'm gonna be sick." I bent over ready to throw up and had to bite back the gagging sensation building. "My head feels like it's going to explode." Bilbo was beside me clutching his head. I looked up at him, every small movement made me closer to throwing up my breakfast. "Oh, (Y/N). Your pale, you almost look green." I could hear the concern in Bilbo's voice. "Yeah well you were right when you said a disease lies beneath this forest." I said.

"This forest," Kili appeared behind me "This forest is messing with our heads. We need to get out of here."
"Wow." I said. "What?" He looked down at me with his hands on his hips. "I may be a clever hobbit but I would have never thought of that." I teased him but no grin was upon my face.

Kili adjusted his hand on his hips and looked away.
"Ok. Well i'm sorry that i'm speaking the truth."
"I'm sorry. You're right, this place is just messing with our heads. Come on, help me walk I can barely walk in a straight line." I held out my arm for him to help me get up. Kili helped me up and assisted me to try walk in a straight line which I was barely able to manage.

The company eventually all circled back to each other and all met in a more open area. "What hour is it?" Thorin asked standing by Bilbo. "I do not know. I do not even know what day it is." Dwalin's voice echoed through the forest."Is there no end to this accursed forest!?" It seems this disease has gotten to Thorin's head. It has gotten to all of us, i'm not sure we'll make it out of here in one piece.

————-——

Hours later we all fell back into our line formation again and this time we didn't split up, we all needed to stick together. "Look," Ori bent down picked up a little pouch "There's dwarves in these woods. Dwarves from the Blue Mountains, no less." Bofur took the pouch out of Ori's hands. "This looks exactly like mine."

"Don't you understand?" Bilbo snapped "It is yours. We have been walking in circles. We are lost."
"What are we going to do now? We are lost, we are all sick and now we have lost the sun!" The dwarves yelled, quickly getting agitated. I looked up to the trees to see no sunlight, no gaps in the trees. I looked over to see Bilbo thinking hard about something. "Father? Is something the matter?"
"Up there," he pointed up "We need to get above the-"

"Woah!" I interrupted Bilbo when I was shoved out the way by one of the dwarves. Out of no where the dwarves began arguing, shoving each other and pointing fingers. "Hey! Stop it guys!" They all ignored me and continued to argue. "Enough! Quiet! All of you!" Thorin yelled which brought their attention to Thorin who's yell formed to a whisper as he told us "We are being watched."

We all stood there in silence. "Ori! Bofur!" Dori dove into them and shoved them out the way when a huge spider tried grabbed them. Oh. my. god. This spider was like no other. It was huge, fast, terrifying, my worst nightmare. I froze when it's hundreds on beady black eyes starred us down, it fangs huge like miniature blades it's legs where about 3 dwarves long. We all backed away from the spider waiting for who it was going to attack.

"AHH!" I screamed when a spider came up behind me and yanked me by my foot. I fell onto the floor with a thump and slammed my face into the mud as I was dragged through the dirt by its long legs. "Kili!" I dug my nails into the dirt and tried to wriggle free of the spiders grasp but it continued pulled me back.

"(Y/N)!" Kili dove down to me and grabbed onto my arms. All of the dwarves tried to help pull me away but spider was much stronger. "Help me!" I screamed as Kili's hands were slipping out of mine.
"All of you! Help me!" Kili barked at the other dwarves. We all struggled to fight against the spiders strength but I slipped out of Kili's grip and was taken away by the spider deeper into the woods.

"(Y/N)!" All of the dwarves screamed but I could hear one amongst the others. The last thing I saw was the other dwarves being snatched by other spiders. Ori. Gone. Bombur. Gone. Thorin. Dwalin.
Balin. Bifur. Bofur. Oin. Gloin. Nori. Dori. Fili. Kili. Then it all went dark.

————————————————————

Writers note:
Hey guys! I know this is a short chapter but the journey through Mirkwood will continue in the next chapter.
I really hope you are enjoying this story. It is my first one and I am trying my best.
Bye!