The End Of The Bloodline

KILI'S POV:

My brother and I left Thorin, Dwalin and (Y/N) to fight, what I heard, were goblins. I could hear their swords clashing and the low grunting. Fili and I had made it to this lake which was now frozen over hard enough for us to walk across. We stayed up against the walls to not be seen. Fili looked at me before leading across the lake. We made it to the towers which we were ordered to search. We stayed close together, always on our guard for any remaining orcs.

"Are you sure about this?" I whispered to my brother as we entered the tower. "Yeah, i'm sure it'll be fine." Fili whispered back but I could hear the uncertainty in his voice. "Alright then." I shrugged.
My own breathing echoed through the halls and the cold winter air sent shivers up my spine. My coat kept me warm but whenever a gust of wind blew I shivered.

We have searched most of the tower and luckily we have found nothing. I felt anxious knowing that Azog was somewhere in these towers, we just hadn't found him yet. I heard a snarl in the distance. I held my sword and tried to run to the sound but Fili placed a hand on my chest stopping me. "Hey! Stay here. Search the lower levels," Fili turned to where the noise had come from "I've got this."

I looked at my brother and believed in my brother to stay safe so I gave in and ran the other way, carefully searching all the lower levels. A pit formed in my stomach. I didn't like separating from my brother especially when something is in these halls. I have a very bad feeling about this.

——————
(Y/N)'S POV:

We had managed to kill all of the goblins and now we were waiting for Fili and Kili to report back on anything. "Where is that orc filth?" Dwalin growled. I jumped when I heard a woosh and heavy breathing from behind me. "Thorin." Bilbo was there. Safe. He looked out of breath, yet not a single head of hair harmed. Relief washed over me knowing that he was here and alive. Although he didn't look the same...

"Bilbo." Thorin smiled, thankful beyond all that he was okay. "You have to leave here. Now." What? "Wait- why?" I asked whilst standing beside him. His worried expression became worse when he saw me. He looked as if he was about to be sick. It was if he couldn't bear to look at me so he turned his attention back to Thorin. "Azog has another army attacking from the North. This watchtower will be completely surrounded."

My stomach sunk at the news. Another army? Surrounded? "We are so close. That orc scum is in here." Dwalin said whilst pointing at the tower.
I stood behind everyone looking at the floor, my head spinning. There is no way 4 dwarves and 2 little hobbits could take on a whole army, we will be sure to be killed. "I say we push on-"

"No!" Thorin stopped Dwalin "That's what he wants." Thorin looked off into the distance like he had saw a ghost. "This is a trap." I sucked in my breath and my heart was beating at a thousand miles per hour. Trap.

Boom. Boom...Boom.

What is that noise? A loud drum echoed through the towers. I shot my head up to this larger tower where an orange lights reflected off the walls as someone approached the edge. Oh no. I quickly walked over to Bilbo and clutched his arm. I was terrified. The drumming got louder and closer. The orange light became more clear up into the tower and a large orc came into view. Azog.

At the corner of my eye I saw Kili rise from the dark corridors. I quickly looked at him before looking at Azog who was walking to the edge. Horror rose up my body and I could feel my body freezing up. It wasn't until I squinted that I realised Azog was dragging something. Or someone. Oh no.

I gasped and clutched onto Bilbo even tighter. Fili. Fili was being dragged by his tunic by Azog towards the edge of the balcony. Thorin exhaled sharply before slightly running forward. "Oh." Bilbo gulped, worried next to me. Tears pricked in my eyes and Azog held Fili in the air, over the edge. "This one died first. Then the brother."

I looked over to Kili who was wide eyed and looking up, horrified as he knew what was coming next. My heart wrenched at Kili and Fili. Tears fell from Fili's eyes and his hands trembled by his side, horror written all over his face as we all watched him. "Then you, Oakenshield." Azog said with tease in his voice. Bilbo placed a hand on my arm as he watched. Fili was wriggling in Azogs grip, trying to break free, tears had formed in my eyes but hadn't fallen yet as Azog held his blade too close to Fili.

"You will die last." Azog continued. "Go." Fili pleaded. My stomach was in a knot and I felt like throwing up. "RUN!" Fili screamed before the blade pierced his back and was planted deep into his skin. His beautiful and innocent skin. Thorin gasped and Dwalin looked away, pained. My mouth fell open as a tear fell down my face. Fili groaned before his eyes fell closed.

"Here ends your filthy bloodline!" Azog held up Fili's body and dropped him over the edge. I snapped my head away but all I could hear was a thump telling me Fili was on the floor and when it did I flinched as Bilbo brought a hand up to the back of my head, devastated. I squeezed my eyes shut before looking over to Kili. Fili's corpse lied right in front of Kili. Tears had formed in Kili's eyes and he pressed himself against the wall. He starred at his brother, absolutely mortified.

I looked at Kili, my chest rising and falling, a bit shaky. Kili gritted his teeth and looked furious. I could see the anger and fire in his eyes, I had never seen Kili this angry but I understand. I don't even want to know how he must be feeling. So many emotions must be overwhelming him. Kili grunted before bolting it up the stairs slashing the orcs in his path with pure fury.

"Kili!" I yelled. With blurry eyes I clutched my sword and ran a hand along the daggers attached to my body and followed after Kili. "(Y/N)!" I heard Thorin, Dwalin and Bilbo all call for me, Bilbo tried to reach out for me but I was too far.  I was following Kili's steps and he sprinted ahead.

———————
HEY GUYS!
I'm sorry that it had to come to this but it was time 😫. I originally wanted to keep Fili but I felt it would fit the story better. I will really miss Fili and as I'm guessing so will you. I am going to be working on the next chapter for a couple of days and i'm really excited to write the next chapter.
We don't know what will happen 🤷‍♀️
anyways, i'm going to let you carry on
BYEEE!