Chapter 23: Insect Battle Maids Aren't That Bad

(A/N: Though this chapter takes place during the Demonic Incursion, it doesn't really focus on the whole thing as I don't want to copy the anime. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it!)

[Timeskip - 10 Days]

[Citrinitas' POV]

"What a beautiful looking city. Too bad it'll be thrown into turmoil by Jaldabaoth..." I mused under my breath. I observed the many fantasy-like buildings from where I was situated. That being the roof of the overgrown mansion where Mare would subdue Hilma with his druid staff.

In all honesty, there wasn't really much of a point in me being here. I wasn't going to fight the Raven Black Hero to cement his status as a hero of his time. In fact, inserting myself in the fight would only make things more convoluted. I came here for only two reasons. Firstly, would be talking to Entoma after her fight with Evileye. And secondly, witnessing the Demonic Incursion with my own two eyes.

After all, it isn't every day you get to see a Capital city sieged by demons. It's one thing in an anime or a movie, but a whole different thing in real life.

As I was lost in surveying the peaceful view, I could make out a low buzz of what could only be multiple insects flapping their wings simultaneously from within the mansion I stood atop. The buzzing got louder as a variety of insects flew out the building's many windows, carrying multiple riches before flying past me.

'Entoma's insect servants, huh? Her fight with Blue Rose should happen at any moment now...' I thought to myself, slightly eager to watch the fight and then convince the battle maid to not want Evileye dead. "In that case... [Perfect Unknowable]."

The reason for this was quite simple. Evileye was too valuable to kill off. Not only was she over 250 years old, allowing us to peer into the past, but she also has a powerful Talent. A Talent so strong it's considered within the top 10 most powerful talents in Overlord.

Spell Copy allows the individual to copy any type of spell of any rank. This includes Super Tier and Wild Magic. Albeit the spell needs to be used once before being able to use the talent again. Nonetheless, killing Evileye wouldn't be the best of choices as her Talent would benefit Nazarick.

'I'm not sure whether convincing Entoma is going to be an easy, or tough task. Oh well, I'll have to wait and see...' I trailed off of my thoughts as I saw Gagaran get into her stance, gripping her mighty hammer as she faced the insect battle maid.

Everything proceeded like it did in the anime, minus the crappy CGI. With the help of her bugs, Entoma wielded a multitude of weapons that pummelled the shit out of the adamantite adventurer.

And just when all hope was lost, the vampire princess and the assassin Tia jumped in.

More fighting ensued as a mini-light show formed from all the casting and explosions of spells. Gagaran swung her hammer, Tia did assassin stuff, and Evileye cast more magic. Hell, Entoma even used a bug that turned her hand into a mini machine gun!

As the fight went on, I found myself fascinated by Evileye's spell, [Vermin Bane]. While I already knew of its existence thanks to the anime, I couldn't help but hypothesize about its uniqueness from seeing it in action.

'An original spell made in the New World... how interesting. If Evileye and Flunder could make original spells, who's to say that a level 100 being like myself can't make an original spell? I mean, I did reverse engineer an MP potion that couldn't be made anymore in YGGDRASIL. That does bring into question my 300 spell limit. However, we're not bound by YGGDRASIL game rules anymore...'

I trailed off my thoughts once more, brooding on the idea of creating new spells and the possibilities of Evileye's powerful Talent. However, the sudden halt of shouting magical spells and the clashing of weapons brought me back to reality.