six | the monster

With a sigh, Matthew watched from his open window as Steve Harrington quickly started to walk away from the house, only for Steve to stop when he felt something hit the back of his head

After wincing to himself, Steve turned to pick up the thing that was thrown at him, only to stop when he saw that it was an old dictionary.

Then he looked up to see Matthew staring down at him with a blunt in hand.

With a scoff, Steve asked, "Did you really just throw a fucking book at me?" When Matthew only raised his eyebrows at the supposed king of the school, Steve asked him, "Why the hell did you throw a book at me?"

After letting out a puff of smoke, Matthew replied, "I've got a much better question for you, Harrington." After bringing the blunt up to his mouth and inhaling it for a couple of seconds before bringing the blunt away from his mouth, he asked, "What the fuck are you thinking coming around my sister's room and climbing up to her room like a fucking creep?"

With a tilt of his head, Steve said to him, "Speaking of your sister, I was wondering something. Do you know what your sister was doing today?"

With a wave of his free hand, Matthew asked him, "How the hell should I know? I spent the day with my brother and his two friends. Whatever she did is none of my fucking business, Harrington. But as her boyfriend, shouldn't you be knowing what she's doing instead of asking her pain in the ass of a little brother? Hmm?"

Steve only rolled his eyes at Matthew before he quickly ran over towards his car, where Carol Perkins and Tommy H were silently watching Matthew Wheeler continue to smoke his blunt without a care in the world.

* * *

With his headphones covering his ears and Talking Heads's Psycho Killers playing on his walkman, Matthew laid on his bed with his arms folded behind his head.

Ever since he met El— who was apparently known as Eleven by Mike and his friends— his life had turned into complete and utter shit.

As much as he hated to admit it, El running off was probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Because as of this very moment, Matthew Wheeler was really, really calm and there was no way in hell that he was going to let anyone come in the way of him and his currently calm state.

It wasn't until he felt a sudden tugging on one of his arms that he opened one of his eyes to see Dustin Henderson and Mike Wheeler trying to drag him off of his bed.

With a sigh, he pulled his headphones off of his head and asked them, "What the fuck do you two want now?" When he heard nothing but the beat of Pulled Up starting to play on his walkman, he let out another sigh before he told them, "Either you spit out whatever the hell you have to say to me, or I'm kicking you little shits out of my room."