fifteen | the mind flayer

While Matthew mindlessly twirled his crowbar around in his hands, Lucas asked Dustin, "You're positive that was Dart?"

Dustin replied, "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

The red-headed girl told him, "Well, he was tiny two days ago."

Dustin retorted, "Well, he's molted three times already."

With his eyebrows furrowed, Steve said, "M-Malted?"

In turn, Dustin said to him, "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

Max asked Dustin, "Well, when's he gonna molt again?"

Dustin told her, "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

Steve replied, "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just a cat."

It was then that Lucas stepped in front of Dustin and said, "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

In turn, Dustin said to him, "No, what? No."

Then Steve asked Dustin, "What are you talking about? He ate Mews."

Then the red-headed girl turned to Steve and asked him, "Mews? Who's Mews?"

Steve told her, "It's Dustin's cat."

It was then that Dustin yelled, "Steve!"

Not long after that, Lucas yelled, "I knew it! You kept him!"

While Matthew simply rolled his eyes at them with a sigh, Dustin replied, "No! No. No, I... No, I... He missed me. He wanted to come home."

In turn, Lucas yelled, "Bullshit!"

Dustin told him, "I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?"

Lucas replied, "Oh, so now you admit it?"

With a shake of her head, the red-headed girl asked them, "Guys, who cares? We have to go."

Lucas yelled, "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

Dustin replied, "So did you!"

In turn, Lucas said, "What?"

While pointing his flashlight over at the red-headed girl, Dustin told him, "You told a stranger the truth!"

With a scoff, the girl said, "A stranger?"

Then Lucas yelled, "You wanted to tell her, too!"

Dustin replied, "Yeah, but I didn't, Lucas, okay? I didn't tell her!"

With a sigh, Matthew said to himself, "And this is why I'm not friends with anyone. All that happens are fights, fights and more fights over the stupidest shit."

While Matthew went to take out another cigarette, Dustin said to Lucas, "We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even."

Lucas replied, "No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that. Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!"