fourteen | the spy

After looking away from Matthew, who was still smoking in the back of his car, Steve said with a tilt of his head, "Wait a sec

After looking away from Matthew, who was still smoking in the back of his car, Steve said with a tilt of his head, "Wait a sec. How big?"

With a gesture of his finger, Dustin told them, "First it was like that. Now he's like this."

After turning to look away from Dustin, Steve said to him, "I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?"

Dustin replied, "It's not a lizard."

Steve asked him, "How do you know?"

In turn, Dustin asked him, "How do I know if it's not a lizard?"

Steve replied, "Yeah, how do you know it's not just a lizard?"

Dustin told him, "Because his face opened up and he ate my cat."

While Steve only raised his eyebrows to himself with a nod of his head, Matthew leaned forward from where he was sitting in the back of the car and said, "You know, Henderson, I've got a question that I've been dying to ask you since we got in this car. Is that okay?"

With a roll of his eyes, Dustin replied, "Fine. Whatever. Ask away."

Matthew asked him, "So, you said you found this, uh, lizard thing in your trash can outside of your home, right?" When Dustin only nodded his head, Matthew asked him, "And you said it yourself that it was unlike any lizard you've ever seen, right?"

When Dustin had nodded his head yet again, Matthew asked him, "So, what gave you the bright idea to bring a fucking faceless lizard into your fucking house, huh? Especially after what happened the last time we faced some fucking faceless creature almost a year ago? We almost fucking died at that school of yours because of that thing, and yet you still thought it was a good idea to bring that thing into your home?" When Dustin only sighed to himself, Matthew asked him, "Are you gonna answer my question or not?"

In turn, Dustin said to him, "I'm not."

Matthew replied, "And why the hell not, Henderson? You were the one that wanted my help to begin with, so why won't you just answer the damn question?"

Dustin told him, "'Cause I know that if I do answer your question, you're just gonna insult me the whole time and threaten me or whatever other thing you could do, and I really don't wanna deal with you or your shit. Ever think of that, Matt?"

With a wave of his hands, Matthew said, "I can see the headlines now. 'As of today, thirteen-year-old Dustin Henderson died because of his choice of being a complete fucking moron and bringing a faceless creature into his own home'. Oh, and your poor mother would be so heartbroken after losing her one and only son. I can only imagine what she would say when she found out that you were the reason that she couldn't find her cat."

After quickly turning around in his seat and pointing a finger in Matthew's face, Dustin said to him, "You keep my mom out of your mouth, Matt, or I swear to God—"