nine | MADMAX

After fully opening the door to her own bedroom and watching Mike dump the coins out of her piggy bank and onto her bed, Nancy asked him, "What the hell are you doing?"

After quickly looking over at his sister with wide eyes, Mike told her, "I'll pay you back!"

Then he shoved two handfuls of coins into his pockets before running out of her room as he yelled, "Bye!"

While running after her youngest brother, Nancy yelled, "Mike! Mike! Get back here!"

While the two siblings ran down the stairs and through the kitchen, Ted said to them, "Hey. No running in the house."

Then Karen asked them, "What is going on?"

While completely disregarding either of their parents, the two siblings continued to run through the house before Mike had eventually grabbed his Mike and started to run it out of the garage as Nancy yelled, "Mike! Mike!"

It wasn't until after Mike had gotten onto his bike and started to ride away from the house that Nancy came to an abrupt halt and yelled, "Asshole!"

After throwing up both of her arms, she turned around and started to quickly walk back to the house.

It was only when she was about to quickly walk back through the garage that she stopped when she heard a chuckle.

She turned her head to see Matthew staring over at her with a smirk on his face and a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

With a scoff, she said to him, "Shut up, Matt."

His smirk only widened and his eyes had widened up a bit, while he raised both of his middle fingers up at her, to which she responded with yet another scoff before she quickly walked back through the garage and headed up to her room to get what remained of her coins back inside of her piggy bank.

* * *

With a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth and his walkman loudly playing Metallica's Fade To Black, Matthew Wheeler was sitting outside of Hawkins High School with his eyes closed and a slightly irritated look on his face.

Just ten months ago, Matthew thought that he'd have a somewhat peaceful sophomore year where he didn't have to see a certain metalhead that made his heartbeat faster than it should and who made him feel nervous whenever seeing said metalhead or having some sort of an interaction with him.

But unfortunately for Matthew, Eddie Munson had in fact not graduated.

Instead, he had to repeat his senior year for reasons unknown to Matthew.

And it was because of Eddie having to repeat his senior year that Matthew would sit outside of the school and not make any attempt to head into the school until his first class of the day had already started so that he wouldn't have to risk the chance of seeing the very metalhead that had gotten him to be so angry and so on edge since their last interaction eleven months ago now.