twenty seven | the monster and the superhero

With his eyes wide as ever, Eddie Munson quickly ripped the tarp off of himself and sat up in the boat he was sleeping in and looked around himself before he ran over towards one of the windows to the boathouse and put a hand up against a wall and...

With his eyes wide as ever, Eddie Munson quickly ripped the tarp off of himself and sat up in the boat he was sleeping in and looked around himself before he ran over towards one of the windows to the boathouse and put a hand up against a wall and he started to look outside of the boathouse for any sign of anyone but Dustin and his friends to be the ones that found him.

While the sound of the floorboards creaking was heard, Eddie continued to look out the window as he said in a whisper, "Shit." Then, as he started to look away from the window, he said, "Oh, shit."

Then the door to the boathouse had opened, which got Eddie to stumble back and yell, "Jesus..."

It was then that he saw Dustin, Robin, Steve and Max all standing by the door to the boathouse, shortly before Dustin said with a smile on his face, "Delivery service."

With a sigh, Eddie let one of his arms fall to his side and looked away from the four of them before he looked back at the four of them, just in time to see Steve raise a hand and wave at him.

It wasn't long after that that Steve was pulled back out of the boathouse and Eddie could hear him let out a groan, which got Eddie to quickly raise his arm again, only to stop when both Valerie Mayfield and Matthew Wheeler had also poked their heads into the boathouse.

With a groan, Steve said, "What the hell, Wheeler?"

With a scoff, Matthew turned to look back over at Steve and said to him, "Oh, get over yourself, Harrington. It's just a little hit to your head. You'll be fine."

While Steve only scoffed to himself in response to Matthew's words, Eddie only stared at Matthew with furrowed eyebrows before letting out a forced chuckle when both of the juniors raised at least one of their hands and he could see that they were both carrying two six-packs of beer with them.

* * *

While Eddie continued to shove handfuls of the Honeycomb cereal into his mouth, Dustin told him, "So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

With a shake of his head, Eddie said, "Bad news first, always."

While Eddie started to drink some of the Yoohoo he was given, Dustin said, "Alright. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

Then Max said, "Like, a hundred-percent kind of convinced."

As he turned to look back over at Dustin, Eddie asked them, "And the good news?"

Robin told him, "Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do, too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

Then Eddie asked them, "Hunt the freak, right?"

While Matthew only sighed to himself with a bit of a frown on his face, Robin said, "Exactly."