2

BELLA soon realized she didn't exactly loose her chance.

Leighton started hanging around Darby and her friends a lot more, enjoying the fun they had. Soon, Leighton was everywhere Darby was. Parties, bonfires, and simple dinners at the houses.

Bella and Leighton became quick friends, which wasn't really shocking. The night of the Coachella afterparty, Bella told all of her friends about Leighton, and how she felt. Bella didn't understand her feelings completely, but she yearned to be Leighton's friend. She wanted to know Leighton better than everyone else. Bella wanted to be something to Leighton.

Everyone knew except Darby.

Bella decided it was best to keep how she felt from Darby. Who knew how Darby would feel about Bella's intentions. The Hadid girl had a feeling Darby would be okay with it, but it was always better to be safe than sorry.

The brunette model couldn't help but feel like the feelings weren't mutual. Leighton didn't seem like the type to be interested in a relationship, let alone a relationship with a girl. It hurt Bella, but being friends with the Butler triplet was enough for now.

There were moments however, where Bella felt like the feelings were too overwhelming. Times where Leighton was too kind to her for them to just be friends. Moments where Leighton was far too touchy for them to just be friends. Instances where Bella would catch Leighton staring at her proved that they weren't just friends.

Bella loved experiencing these moments with Leighton. It gave her a glimpse of what they would be like if they were ever more than just friends.

"Bell, you okay?" Her voice broke Bella from the apparent trance she'd unconsciously fallen into. Bella looked up slightly, "Lost you there."

"I was just thinking." Bella wasn't lying. She was thinking, just about Leighton.

"About?" Leighton's glare made Bella smile and move towards the beautiful girl who currently wore Bella's old Victoria's Secret sweatshirt.

"How good this casserole is going to be." Bella teased the girl with a smile, dipping her finger in the sauce. Leighton giggled softly, slapping Bella's hand away as the model licked her finger. "Needs more salt."

"I was asking you to pass the salt but you decided to go to a different planet." Leighton grabbed the salt from the other counter, shaking some into the bowl. Bella rolled her eyes, and moved behind Leighton, her front pressing into Leighton's back.

Leighton felt butterflies erupt in her stomach as the model behind her set her perfectly manicured hands on the granite countertop that was in Gigi Hadid's stylish kitchen. Bella rested her chin on Leighton's shoulder, breathing in the scent that Leighton naturally owned. Bella could never seem to put her finger on what the scent was, but it was extremely comforting and warm.

"Bella I can't move." Bella giggled softly in Leighton's ear, moving her right hand to Leighton's. The model began to help stir the mixture, their fingers interlacing. Leighton breathed in heavy, letting her head rest on Bella's head.

These were the instances where the girls shifted from good friends to the perfect lovers.

Their bodies fit together like puzzle pieces, and it was as if their hands were designed to connect.

The silence that surrounded the girls was filled with tension, but both girls kept quiet, afraid that if they spoke it would ruin what they had.

"Hey Leighton. Where's-never mind." Darby entered the kitchen, seeing Bella behind Leighton. "Stop hugging and make the food dumbass. Bella you told Kenny you'd-"