6

THE studio was best place for Leighton to be right now.

Her head was filled with wild thoughts that would consume her slowly if she didn't put pen to paper.

The small room was her sanctuary. The only place where her thoughts felt valid. Usually she would talk to her sisters, or her friends, but the recent thoughts were far too personal. Only a microphone would understand her feelings.

She'd been in the studio for several hours after leaving Bella's house in a hurry. The encounter between them flustered her to a point where she made up an excuse to leave. Bella was figuring out all the ways to make her go crazy, and it was scary.

But on her way out, Bella did manage to invite her out tonight with the girls. Leighton didn't want to go out thought. She never liked going out and a silly crush on Bella Hadid didn't change that. Leighton found herself telling Bella maybe a lot. Bella made her question everything.

"You alright?" Wayne asked, adjusting his headphones slightly. "Thinking about the song?"

"Yeah. I'm just a little worried." Wayne moved his headphones from his head, and took a hit of his blunt.

"Worried about what. Your music is fucking dope. This song is dope."

"Nah I know it's gas." Wayne chuckled slightly. "It's all just so personal. I don't do fucking personal. That's why the bitches love it. It's promiscuous. Relatable."

"Relatable man. You said it yourself. Whoever you been writing bars about is clearly intoxicating you. The teenagers who go crazy will have the same reaction. Now you just putting a name to what you singing bout'." Wayne always knew how to settle Leighton down. The two had known each other for some time, so Leighton had respect for Wayne and his words.

"If anything people will fuck with it more. It's fucking hot as fuck when you sing about someone. Puts more purpose to the music."

Wayne made a good point. Singing about Bella would not only help her control her feelings, but it would also make fans speculate. Speculation meant more listening which meant she was getting closer to a tour. All Leighton wanted was to go on tour and see all of her beautiful fans.

"Thanks Way."

"Anything for you bro."

THIS is why Leighton didn't go out in public. The lights, and the cameras for far too much. The invasive questions thrown at her from people who knew nothing about her.

The idea of paparazzi also freaked her the fuck out. She didn't understand why people were getting paid more than a school teacher to take photos of people living their daily lives. It made no sense to her.

Leighton adjusted her Prada sunglasses as her security led her into the club Bella invited her to. The Butler girl didn't know why she showed to be honest. Maybe Leighton craved Bella, or being near Bella. Or maybe she was just bored.

It was up for constant debate as someone shouted at her.

"Leighton, did you cheat on Colson with Kaia Gerber?!" Leighton kept her face straight, attempting to not laugh at the absurd question. Kaia was her best friend, and Colson, her ex. That sounded a little too Wattpadd-like for her.

"Leighton Butler?" The hostess at the front had a star-struck look on her face as the singer nodded gently, showcasing a smile. Her tooth gem twinkled in the light, making the hostess blush profusely. "Follow me."

Leighton did just that, weaving in and out of people, following the small girl towards the back of the club. The girl took her into an exclusive part, and it became a little quieter. The lights were darker, but she could still make out the figures of her friends.