Chapter 1

The time had finally come, their 6 year training course had come to an end and they were ready to go up into space. Satoko was practically bursting with excitement as they were entering onto the ship that they would spend the rest of their lives on. She had to admit, however, the prospect was terrifying, they will never return to Hinamizawa again. Satoko was quite attached to the village and couldn't help but feel sad, scared and excited all at the same time. The knowledge that this journey was going to be traveled with all of her loved ones did help Satoko calm down a little but her emotions were still running ramped in her head.
As she stepped onto the ramp leading up to their new home Satoko felt a familiar hand slide into her's, she instantly knew it was Rika and turned her head to give her a smile.
As she did Rika spoke softly, in a slightly shaky voice. "I'm scared too. But, we'll be fine. We all have each other!"
At this Keiichi, Rena, Mion, Shion and Satoshi all piped up in a triumphant "Yeah!" making the other members of the crew shoot them a glare and Satoko and Rika giggle.
Upon entering onto the ship they were greeted by a large, mostly empty, grayish room that served as an entrance hall. As the ramp lifted and sealed Keiichi opened the doors leading to the rest of the ship and spoke "You guys all know where you're supposed to be going?"
The whole crew nodded in unison dispersing down the corridor to their own separate rooms.
Rika gave Satoko's hand a squeeze. "I suppose this is where we part until we're up there."
Satoko reluctantly nodded, she didn't really want to be alone as the ship was going up, at least the rooms were all close to each other so she wouldn't truly be alone. Satoko's room was the second to last room, Rika's was the last and Sotoshi's was on the other side of Satoko's.
Satoko and Rika were stood in front of their doors before they exchanged a mutual smile and a mutual "See you soon" and entered into their own rooms.
Satoko's room was pleasant, there was her favourite stuffed bear Satoshi had given her when she was young upon a bed side cabinet, her bedding looked soft and comfortable, there was a closet containing all the stuff she opted to bring with her and there was a comfy green beanbag chair on the floor atop a yellow floofy rug. Satoko sat atop her bed bringing her teddy bear into her arms and leaning against the wall she knew connected her room to Rika's.
A moment passed and nothing happened, set up would take a long time and Satoko knew this but this tine only let her fears and regrets build and swarm around her mind.
Eventually she stood up, declaring in her mind that she could not deal with this.
She stood up and went to her door opening it, perfect, the doors weren't locked yet! Leaving her room she stumbled over to Rika's, struggling to keep her balance and clutching her teddy bear tightly due to nerves.
Satoko gently pressed the doorbell to Rika's room and began to regret her decision when Rika didn't answer immediately, what if the doors lock while she's still out here?
Soon the door opened to a baffled Rika who, despite her confused state, pulled Satoko inside her room. "What are you thinking? You could have gotten locked out of your room!"
Satoko shook her head, flinching a little at Rika's harsh tone. "I didn't want to be alone, I was just getting nervous and starting to regret joining this thing! I needed to see you, to remind myself that I have you here!"
Rika let out a soft sigh. "That was dangerous and you know we aren't supposed to be in each other's rooms unless conducting important business! But... I was feeling much the same so I'm glad you did that..." Rika brought Satoko into a tight hug. "I'm glad you're here with me as the ship goes up, I'm scared."
Satoko wanted to return the hug but she wasn't exactly in the position to do so, her arms and her teddy bear were being pushed into her chest by the hug and she couldn't really move them. Soon Rika let go allowing Satoko to place her bear on Rika's bed and go back to Rika, returning the hug. Having Rika with her calmed Satoko's nerves enough for her brain to begin working again. Rika's room was nice, it smelt nice, of Rika and was sparsely decorated with the same basic layout as Satoko's, clearly neither of them had begun decorating yet. Rika's bedding was a soft purple-blue and looked quite comfy.

Soon Satoko ended the hug and sat upon Rika's bed yawning. "I wonder whether the ship's gon-"
Satoko was cut off by a robotic voice over the announcer. "All members of the ship please ensure you are in a laying position as we adjust gravity for take of and remain in said position until you have been informed that we are out of orbit."
Satoko shuffled over to the side of Rika's bed pressed against the wall and lay upon her back staring at the ceiling as Rika positioned herself next to her, also on her back. There was a slight shake and rumble making Satoko grab Rika's hand as Rika tightened her grip upon Satoko's hand.
Rika spoke softly to Satoko. "Are you okay?"
Satoko nodded. "Are you?"
Rika also nodded giving Satoko's hand a squeeze. "It's scary, we're both scared, but, we'll be okay, I'm sure."
Satoko nodded, unable to keep herself from smiling, Rika was so caring... "Yeah, we have each other, and the rest of the crew too! I'm certain this will be wonderful."
Satoko heard rika chuckle and turned her head to look at her, finding Rika to already be gazing back at her. Rika smiled one of the softest smiles Satoko has ever received and Satoko returned it, flustered beyond how she had ever been before. This would be wonderful, she had Rika.

AN: I hope this lives up to the standards of those of you who were interested in this fic! Don't worry, I'm still writing we'll get it right this time, I'm just gonna alternate! Anyway! Off to write the next chapter of the other fic! See you either in the next chapter of this one or over there!