chapter 10

Satoko opened her eyes to find herself wrapped tightly in Rika's arms and yawned a little. Satoko had her head resting on Rika's chest and her legs wrapped tightly around Rika's waist. Had she clung to Rika like this the whole night? That can't have been comfortable for Rika.
However, as she looked up she found that Rika was fast asleep despite this. Her face was soft and gentle and her lips were curved into a small smile.
The sight filled Satoko's chest with an overwhelming love making her want to hug and kiss Rika excessively.
Instead of doing this, Satoko just leaned up a little and placed a soft, short kiss on Rika's lips. She moved back to see Rika's eyes had opened and she was now smiling even more.
"Hehe, Satoko..." Rika giggled at the now flustered Satoko.
Satoko hid her face in Rika's chest and groaned a little embarrassed.
Rika softly stroked Satoko's hair. "Don't be embarrassed, that was cute."
"That's why I'm embarrassed..." Satoko mumbled, blushing at the gentle touch of Rika stroking her hair.
Rika really found it way too easy to fluster Satoko...
Rika chuckled. "Can I at least get another kiss?
Satoko couldn't really formulate any words in that moment so just grunted and lifted her face closing her eyes.
Rika gently placed two fingers underneath Satoko's chin before softly pushing their lips together.
Satoko placed her hands on Rika's shoulders kissing her back, a little shyly.
Rika pulled back for a second and murmured, "Don't be shy, it's okay." before pressing her lips to Satoko's again with a little more force.
Satoko responded with a little more enthusiasm than the last time returning the kiss. Her heart beat started getting faster as she did.
They held this kiss for much longer than the first but Rika pulled away suddenly leaving Satoko disoriented, her face burning red.
"We probably shouldn't let this continue or we'll be doing this all day." Rika scoffed a little staring at Satoko's dazed expression.
Satoko blinked a couple times. "There wouldn't be anything wrong with that..."
Rika looked a little surprised and chuckled. "I know, but we've got things to do and places to be today, we can't just stay in this hotel room all day."
Satoko puffed up her cheeks but nodded reluctantly.
Rika quickly kissed her on the lips again. "For being so good." before getting out of the bed.
Satoko followed staring at the back of Rika's head. "You're talking down to me..."
Rika laughed turning to face Satoko. "Maybe, but if you behave like that you can expect to be talked down to."
Satoko sighed. "Fineee. I just don't feel like doing anything today..."
Rika gave Satoko a sympathetic smile. "Yeah.."
Satoko didn't really make a huge deal out of it but today was the 24th of June, her birthday. It didn't matter much to her as she never really celebrated it, even when she was young, but she still felt deep down like that day should be special, however selfish that made her feel.

Soon the two were walking down the streets of the city they were in, it was barely active at the present moment, almost entirely empty.
Satoko and Rika's hand were closely linked as they paced through the deserted streets heading for the ship that was their home.
Finally, the maze of buildings opened up into the area where their ship was parked, surrounded by many other ships, some larger, some smaller.
They reached the ramp leading up the the ship door and placed each of their identification cards onto the door which opened after a few seconds of scanning the cards.
They walked through the same hallway they had when they first entered the ship before finding their way to the main hall of the ship where other members of the crew were begining to gather waiting for breakfast.
Soon they found themselves being pushed by a crowd into the breakfast Hall and, as soon as they were free, sat in their usual seats.

Breakfast and clean up was relatively uneventful, a few pleasantries were exchanged but nothing of any interest took place.
The crew had decided to remain on the planet for one more day and leave first thing the next morning.
As Satoko left the breakfast Hall stretching Rika caught up with her. "Hey Satoko, could you come with me? I saw somewhere really cool we could go that I know you'll like, yesterday!"
Satoko gave Rika a grin and a nod showing her fang.

Rika was dragging Satoko through the main street by the hand before pulling her into a small alley when Satoko stopped. "Hey, Rika, I don't know if walking down shady alleys alone as two girls is a particularly hood idea-"
Rika just laughed and said. "Don't worry, Satoko, we'll be fine!"
Several alleys and winding paths later, the two found themselves in a concrete courtyard of sorts.
There was a rather large redbrick building opposite the alley they had come from with vine like plants crawling up it.
It felt extremely out of place and looked rather like an old building from earth, which perplexed Satoko.
It was run down and clearly abandoned which, Satoko assumed, is why Rika took her here.
There were old wooden benches out the front lightly doused in sunlight from the small gaps in the canopy of weed-like plants.
It felt almost like a school courtyard.
Rika pulled Satoko over to sit on one of these benches and she did, Rika stood back from Satoko reaching a hand forward from behind her back. She outreach her hand towards Satoko, which contained a paper bag. "Happy birthday, my love!" Rika beamed brightly.
Satoko, surprised, took the bag. "Th-thank you so much, but- how did you-?"
"I made sure I'd remember your birthday, even if you were reluctant to tell me.
"Rika... You didn't have to."
"Nonsense! You deserve to be celebrated!"
Satoko blinked a couple times, her eyes tearing up. "R-rikaaaa! Thank you so much, I love you so much!"
Rika chuckled looking a little embarrassed. "Of course, I wanted to celebrate the person most special to me."
Satoko reached into the bag and pulled out something soft, wrapped in tissue paper.
She eagerly unwrapped it, beaming from ear to ear.
What she held in her hands was a plush toy bout half the size of her torso, it was blue with greenish patterns and was bear-like but hat several unusual features, such as, many eyes, antenna and spikes down it's back.
Satoko gave it a tight hug, smiling. "I love it, Rika! Thank you so much!"
Rika sat beside Satoko. "I'm so glad."
Satoko wrapped Rika into a hug, too.
She softly placed a kiss on her lips.
"I love you..."

AN: super sorry for the late update! College has had me busy XD. I hope this was enjoyable!