chapter 7

"Wait, it isn't?" Satoko yelled into her radio before shooting Rika a glare.
A quiet squeak could be heard from Rena's radio as though she was suppressing a squeal which was followed by Mion laughing a little. "No, it's not, we heard everything, you two need to get a room, oh wait, you share Rika's, don't you?"
Satoko smacked the side of the ship in frustration and was about to respond before Rika interrupted. "Yeah, we do." She followed with a chuckle.
"Rika, why are you so god damn blunt?" Satoko snapped her face feeling almost overheated with how hard she was blushing.
Rika laughed again. "You don't need to be so shy and embarrassed, Satoko, everyone here supports you!"
Satoko sighed crossing her arms. "Am I being mocked here?"
Rika let out a small scoff giving herself away. "Okay, maybe a little." She smiled apologetically at Satoko while floating next to her.
Mion chimed in over the radio. "All jokes aside, Rena and I do both support you two fully, we're not exactly straight either." Mion chuckled a bit.
Rena butted in, hyperactive, as usual. "Hau, yeah, I'm pan and Mion is bi!"
Satoko was a little surprised, she didn't actually know these two were queer like her and Rika. "Oh, I didn't actually know that.."
Rika nodded almost automatically. "Yeah, thank you for telling us, it's nice to know we aren't alone."
"Yeah, there are more people simular to you than you might think. Anyway, Rena and I are going to get on with what we were supposed to be doing, put your radios on private this time!" Mion spoke with a playful tone before putting her radio on silent. "Bye guys!" Rena giggled before doing the same.
Satoko began fiddling with the buttons on her suit before the screen in the corner of her helmet showed "Start private with..." followed by a list of names she scrolled to Rika and pressed it. "There!" Satoko let out a sigh.
Rika chuckled. "Did you not pay attention when we were being taught how to use our suits? Because that took you an awfully long time."
Satoko stared at Rika who had a smug expression pasted over her face. "Maybe..." Satoko pulled a bit of an awkward smile, shrugging.
"I guess I'll just have to help you out with everything on this ship, hm?" Rika winked at Satoko who proceeded to bonk her helmet against Rika's, unsure how to respond.
"That was an interesting response." Rika blinked a couple of times looking slightly amused.
Satoko furrowed her brows. "I guess..."
"Satoko, are you in a bad mood?" Rika placed a hand on Satoko's shoulder.
"Maybe just a little..." Satoko shrugged.
"Why..?"
"I guess... I guess I just feel like we keep getting interrupted when we're having alone time to be all affectionate in and I don't like that..."
"Satoko, don't be silly. We'll have plenty of time alone together, I will admit, the amount of interruptions are annoying..."
Satoko nodded. "Yeah... But-" She went silent, embarrassed to say her next line.
Rika tilted her head. " But what?"
Satoko began fighting with her hands focusing hard on them and not letting her eyes move from the out of embarrassment. "Just... We keep getting interrupted as soon as..." Satoko paused again feeling her face heat up. "As soon as it gets good..."
Rika was silent for a moment which made Satoko worry that maybe she had overstepped her boundaries but that worry was soon put away when Rika spoke her voice smug and tinted with a little bit of laughter. "Awh, does Satoko not want things to stop? That's cute." Rika looked a little smug. "I didn't realise you like it that much."
Satoko quickly averted her eyes from Rika, "That- that makes it sound weird..."
Rika chuckled placing a hand atop Satoko's helmet, as if trying to pat her on the head. "That was the point." She smiled at Satoko.
Satoko furrowed her brows staring Rika in the eyes.
Suddenly the two were interrupted by being shoved by Mion who was holding Rena back from tackling Satoko and Rika.
Their radios connected again. "Time to go back in, love birds." Mion spoke through the radio shoving Satoko and Rika towards the door. "Rena and I want to go and get a drink."
Satoko flailed a little and Rika chuckled as they were pushed through the door which soon closed and atmosphere returned to the room. This meant that the, previously floating, girls fell to the ground.
Rena, Mion and Satoko all fell more gracefully keeping balance while Rika fell on top of Satoko, taking her to the ground.
"Oww... Rika, try not to land on me next time..." Satoko glared at Rika who was currently laying on top of her.
"Mm, soft..." was all Rika had to say in response.
Satoko took her helmet off and let it roll away. "Finally. That thing was not comfortable, it felt so stuffy... Rika, can you get off me now?"
Rika, who had already removed her helmet responded with. "But you make such a good pillow!" before hugging Satoko.
Satoko found herself blushing and shifting in Rika's grasp. "Uh- thank you?" Satoko tried to remove Rika's arms from around her. "Uh- I can be you pillow tonight, or something, if you just let me get up now... This floor is so damn uncomfortable."
Rika looked Satoko in the eyes for a second before getting up and offering Satoko a hand, which she gladly took.
They all got out of their space suits so they were in their normal ship uniform before going back into the main area of the shit.
Mion and Rena went straight for the bar, where there was already a rowdy crown and Satoko and Rika decided they would head to their room.

Entering the room brought almost instant relaxation to the two, it was only them now, they knew eachother dearly and felt more comfortable relaxing in eachother's presence.
Satoko yawned. "Man, going out into space was tiring..." She rubbed her eyes pulling out her night clothes and begining to change.
Rika quickly averted her gaze, apologising under her breath. "Yeah, surprising how much energy you need to be out there."
Satoko finished buttoning her shirt. "Yup, a lot of work."
"You done changing?" Rika enquired.
"Yeah, just finished."
Rika wrapped her arms around Satoko from behind. "You said you'd be my pillow, tonight."
Satoko blushed fighting a little. "Y-yeah... Let's get into bed, then."

The two snuggled into bed, Rika laying her head on Satoko's chest, who played with her hair.
Rika chuckled snuggling into a flustered Satoko. "This is perfect, my love."

AN: Not me fighting the urge to write background Mion X Rena- Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next!