Chapter 12

There was a sudden eruption of noise that somehow both seemed very distant yet as though it surrounded and trapped Satoko.
She pressed herself against Rika with a slight squeak at the sudden noise.
As she did she felt an intense wave of nausea spread over her. "R-Rika..." Satoko slurred her words as she felt dizziness fill her head making her slide down Rika and onto the floor.
"Satoko! What's wrong?" Rika crouched next to Satoko looking concerned.
Satoko could barely see or remember what happened the previous second, all she knew o's that she felt intensely sick and never wanted to get up off the cool floor. "Feel..." Satoko struggled to get her words out. "Sick..."
"Oh..." Rika looked as though she had caught up with what was going on. "Alright, Satoko. Let's get you back to our room, okay? You need a proper lie down, something to eat and plenty of water."
Rika tried to help Satoko up by the arm but Satoko found herself not wanting to move. "Noooooooooo! Rikaaaa! Floor colddd!"
Rika sounded a little frustrated. "Satoko, you'll be much more comfortable in an actual bed and having some water will make you feel a lot better."
Satoko still didn't want to move, she didn't really have to ability to grasp anything other than the very second she was in so moving from the floor seemed like a bad idea as the floor was soothing her intense dizziness and sickness.
Suddenly Satoko felt herself being lifted by both arms by two different people she protested being lifted to her feet but it was useless, the lovely coolness of the floor was but a distant dream now. "Nooooo! Put me backkkkkk!" Satoko glanced to her side and noticed she was being carried (on one side) by Satoshi. "Ohhh hiiiii Nii-nii!" She noticed Keiichi on her other side. "And other Nii-nii!" Satoko hiccupped, her words were barely words anymore and she could only see what she was looking directly at.
Suddenly, Rika came into her vision. "Thad! Thad's my wife!" Satoko let out a small, rather delirious sounding, laugh. "I love her, she's so preddy..."
Rika chuckled and it seemed as though she blushed a little at Satoko's words. "Satoko, we're not married yet!" Rika softly touched Satoko's face. "Now, are you going to cooperate and not immediately fall on the floor as soon as your Nii-niis let go of you?"
Satoko blinked a couple times. "Okay!"
Keiichi and Satoshi let go of Satoko who immediately fell forwards into Rika. "Oops... Can't stand..." Satoko was slurring her words intensely.
Rika shifted a little so she could drape Satoko's arm over her shoulder and wrap her own arm around Satoko's back. "Better?"
Satoko nodded leaning against Rika. "Your hair ids so soft and smells really niceee..." Satoko slurred.
"Okay, Satoko." Rika chuckled and the two started moving towards their shared room.
"Bye bye, noisy room!" Satoko yelled out as they left the room.
Rika chuckled a little urging Satoko forward. "Come on, Satoko. Let's get you into bed."

Satoko wasn't sure how much time had passed or how far they had moved but Rika suddenly spoke up and answered one of those questions. "Come on, we're almost there!"
"Am tireddddd... I wanna lie down..." upon saying this Satoko slid onto the floor and hiccupped a little.
"Satoko." Rika sounded incredibly frustrated. "Get. Up."
Satoko shook her head. "Noooooooooo.. The floor is niceee..."
"Satoko, you have to move, you're blocking the hallway." Rika was tugging on Satoko's arm trying to get her to budge.
Satoko whined curling up into a ball. "I never wanna drink again, Rika... This feels so bad..."
Rika crouched down and stroked Satoko's hair. "It'll pass. I shouldn't have given you that much." Rika helped Satoko to her feet. "That's what I said the first time I got like that, though. That feeling goes away real quick."
Satoko leaned against Rika. "I won't ever do it again..."
Rika chuckled. "Sure, sure..."

They got back to their room and Satoko instantly flopped onto the bed and curled into a ball.
"Satoko, you need to get changed." Rika furrowed her brows at Satoko.
Satoko shook her head and curled more into a ball. "I can't do it..."
"I'm not helping you change, Satoko." Rika threw Satoko's night clothes at her. "You get yourself changed and I'll go get you some water and snacks."
"You're cold!" Satoko whined not wanting to put effort into anything.
"Yeah, yeah..." Rika sighed as she left the room.
Satoko lay there not moving, partially out of actual sickness and partially out of stubbornness.
Eventually, after lying there for long enough, Satoko's senses began to come back and the guilt set in. She was being so difficult for Rika who was just trying her best to help her and that wasn't at all fair.
Satoko felt a pit in her stomach, Rika was so nice, so sweet and Satoko was just making things hard for her for no reason.
Satoko got up and began to change into her night clothes. This wasn't without difficulty, of course, as Satoko was quite dizzy and kept falling over. It was a struggle for her to keep her balance.
Eventually she was mostly changed and all that was left was to do her buttons on her shirt.
She found this part incredibly difficult as the buttons were fiddly and bigger than the holes they were supposed to go in.
Satoko gave up about halfway up and just sat there staring at her shirt, defeated.
Satoko felt her eyes tearing up, she couldn't even do a simple task to make Rika's life easier.

Suddenly, Rika entered the room carrying a water bottle and some of Satoko's favourite crackers. She quickly put them down upon seeing Satoko in tears. "Satoko, what's wrong?"
Satoko looked up at Rika and let more tears spill down her face. "Buttons!" She wailed.
Rika blinked a couple of times. "Buttons..?"
Satoko nodded. "I can do them up!" She sobbed. "I can't even do a simple task!"
Rika sighed and began doing up Satoko's buttons. "That's okay, these are really tricky on a normal day so I can only imagine how difficult they must be in your current state."
Satoko sniffled blinking.
Rika handed her a water bottle and the box of crackers. "Have some of these for being such a good girl, okay?"
Satoko sniffled taking them. "Th-thank you..."

AN: Lmao, I had way too much fun writing this one- hope you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter!