chapter 18

Eventually Rika stirred a bit, squirming in Satoko's arms, disturbing the peaceful moment.
"Mmmph... We should probably get up and join the others..."
Satoko just tightened her grip on Rika, sleepily. "Nope, no, not happening."
Rika chuckled a little, "Aren't you hungry?"
Satoko whined "Very..."
"Then we should get up." Rika stated giving Satoko a quick kiss.
Satoko just let out a groan burying her face in Rika's neck. "No... Wanna cuddle all day..."
Rika softly pet Satoko's hair, letting out a sigh. "Me too..."
There was a long moment of silence in which the two just lay there, not moving from their current position.
Eventually, Rika spoke up again preventing Satoko from falling back to sleep. "Come on, Satoko... I'm hungry too, now..." Rika tried to squirm out of Satoko's grip and satoko let out another, longer whine. "Nooooo!" Satoko knew that they really should get up and was in the process of willing herself to but it was difficult when she was so comfortable, well, her growling stomach aside.
She really just wanted to snuggle with Rika all day, she couldn't be bothered to do anything else, but they couldn't do that, this wasn't a day off, their part of the crew had to work today as it was the other half's day off.
Satoko eventually released Rika, who groggily got out of bed and tried to pull Satoko out after her, who took a little more convincing. "Hey, if you get up I'll give you a kiss, how does that sound?"
Satoko almost got up before pausing and turning away from Rika "You'll kiss me even if I don't get up, though."
Rika pet Satoko's hair and spoke in a playful tone. "Normally, I would. But not this time. I'll not kiss you for the next week if you don't get up right now!"
Satoko turned back to face Rika with wide eyes. "You wouldn't!"
Rika smirked, she must have realised this was working. "Oh, but I would!"
Satoko whined and pushed herself into a sitting position, rubbing her eyes and dragging herself off the bed. "Fine..."
Rika chuckled leaning up to Satoko and giving her a soft kiss. "Good girl, now, let's get going."

It was clean up time by the time to two finally arrived at the lunch hall, Satoko's hair was a mess and she was yawning while Rika looked like she hadn't just gotten out of bed and was dragging Satoko along by her hand.
Mion, who was on clean up today, looked up and noticed the two, giving them an annoyed glare. "You two were supposed to be on clean up today. You left it all to me! Get your asses into gear and help!"
Rika quickly jogged over to help Mion collect in the plates while Satoko took a little longer to get herself into action.
Eventually Satoko decided to start washing down the table before joining the others to help sort out the mess that was the kitchen.
It took a while but eventually everything was cleaned up and satoko started rummaging in one of the cupboards looking for snacks, she found a packet of breakfast bars and decided to eat one of those, throwing another of them at Rika, who wasn't paying attention and got hit in the face. "Hey! What was that for?"
Satoko shrugged taking a large bite of her bar. "To eat, Rika. What else do you do with a breakfast bar?"
"Launch it at my face, apparently." Rika picked the bar up and opened it, chuckling slightly to herself at her own joke.
Satoko just pouted at Rika in response, making Rika laugh.
The two finished eating and assembled with the others waiting to be given their jobs for the day.
Unfortunately Satoko and Rika were separated today with their jobs, Rika was sent to perform maintenance on the ship while Satoko was sent to move crates between their ship and the one they were docked in with Keiichi and Mion as they were the three strongest on their half of the crew.
They first had to carry crates from their ship to a specific room in the ship they were docked in then carry some crates from the other ship to theirs, done this way to avoid any mix up of which crates were meant to be where.
Satoko lifted one of the crates and was shocked by how heavy it was, of course, this was nothing she couldn't handle.
She started moving the crates pretty much immediately, hoping to get this job done quick.
Mion spoke first as they were moving the crates. "You and Rika were up awfully late, Satoko."
Satoko dumped one of the crates down in the room huffing as she did. "Your point?" She went to go collect another crate, Mion and Keiichi following.
"Just thought it was interesting, you were both equally late, what's up with that?"
Satoko furrowed her brows, picking up another crate, she could guess what Mion was implying but wasn't totally sure so went into defensive mode. "Okay, and? Rika couldn't exactly just leave me, I probably would have never gotten up if she did that."
Mion and Keiichi followed, both picking up crates, Keiichi spoke this time. "Were you two being all lovey dovey? Because I swear every time you two are late for something, it's together and you both look a mess."
Satoko let out an agitated grunt and dropped the box, going to start bringing the other crates back to their ship. "Urgh, shut up! You make it sound weird! We were both just comfortable and sleepy this morning and didn't wanna get up! Leave it at that!"
Mion and Keiichi glanced at eachother and chuckled knowingly. "Alright, alright! Sorry for pestering you on it, you're shy about this stuff."
Satoko went silent, they hit the nail on the head with that one, she was shy about this stuff, she'd always found talking to others about her love life to be unnecessarily embarrassing.

AN: loll sorry for yet another ridiculously late update- I'll try update more frequently if I can- anywho, hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next!