Chapter 6-Experimentation

Still Luz POV

The next day I decided to start my experiments. It was surprising to see Hunter up and about. When I woke up he was helping Eda with breakfast.

"Hunter? What are you doing up? Aren't you, like, bedridden?"

"Eh, I've gotten up the next day with worse."

(When he says that I like to imagine he's doing that thing where he has one elbow leaning on the counter and he's wiping his hands on a rag or something. Just sharing.)

I walked off to help Willow set the table. I had my trusty notepad in my pocket. I already put experiment 1 in motion. As I was setting the table I put Hunter's and Willow's spots next to each other.

Let's see how this plays out.

Everyone sat down and started eating. I had a clear view of the two guests. Underneath the bandages on his face I could tell Hunter was already turning a bright pink. Willow was slightly less pink but pink nonetheless. I started writing.

Experiment 1: Hunter and Willow sit next to each other at the table.

Results: SUCCESS!!! Hunter was slightly pinker then Willow but they were still embarrassed. Will start other experiments soon.

*

An hour later...

Willow POV:

Luz pulled me aside. She had a notepad and a pen at the ready. 

"Willow, I'm going to ask you some questions. You are going to answer honestly and you're not going to tell anyone. Ok?"

"Ummm, ok?"

"Question 1: It's Hunters birthday. What do you get him?"

Ummm, weird question. But ok.

"Something he could use. Like a bed or something for Flapjack."

"Ok...ok..." she started writing stuff down. "Next: You are home alone with Hunter. What do you do?"

"Counter Question: Do all of these questions have to do with Hunter?"

"I ask the questions here. But yes."

"Are you trying to play matchmaker?"

...

"Yes."

"Dude hasn't even talked to a girl his age, besides us and Amity. You're playing a rough game here."

"Are you saying you don't like him?"

I felt my face get warm. 

She knows, she knows, and I know she knows. (Heheheh)

"I-...no. I'm just- I-...gotta go." I left the room. Then I bumped into Hunter! He winced, clutching the bandages around his stomach.

"Be more-" he looked up and saw me. "careful..." his face turned red. I felt mine get warm too.

"I'm sorry! I was distracted! I'll um...be on my way now..." I ran off.

Hunter POV:

I just sat there in shock. All the pain in my body gone. 

Her face was red too...

No! I was just imagining things!

No you weren't! You saw it!

I looked up and saw Luz standing in the doorway of the room Willow must've came out of. She was hastily scribbling something on her notepad.

Ohhh crap.

I walked up to her.

"What are you writing?"

She snatched the notepad away from my hand.

"Nothing! Leave!"

"Ok! Ok!" I walked off. "Titan save us..."

*

Reader POV?

We see Luz place the notepad on a table and walk out the room. The camera zooms up to it, it reads:

The interview didn't go well, but Willow ran into Hunter while walking out the door and I got some interesting results...

Experiment 2: Have Willow and Hunter stay home alone together.

Hehehe Luz the scientist. Time to play match maker! Also sry if it's shorter then normal.

Also plz put q and a questions in the comments!

Will update soon!

Byyyyye!