Chapter 8-Learning to climb

For the next few days my emotions were basically turned off. Me and Luz still hadn't told the others what we saw. So I separated myself from them. I only really saw them during meals. Even then I didn't eat much. I always brushed it off with a "I'm not hungry" or a "I already ate." If we weren't eating then I was either just sitting outside or just hanging in some empty room by myself. Luz tried to talk to me but I always just brushed her off. She probably wanted to question me about if I'm going to turn evil too, like the clones. I felt weird around Willow. It's like my body wants to feel embarrassed around her but I just don't. One day while lurking in some library-ish room Willow walked in. 

"Hey." She sat next to me.

"Hi" I looked away from her.

"Are you alright?" She put her hand on my shoulder. I felt a sensation that I haven't felt in a long time. An odd swooping feeling, like I missed a step while walking down the stairs.

"I've been better."

"You didn't eat much today. You sure you're not hungry?" I realized how hungry I actually was. Have I really been ignoring meals for the past 5 days?

"I am..." I mumbled something about not liking the food that much.

"It's ok....is there anything you want to talk about? Luz says she's ready." I turned to her and nodded.

We told them everything. I surprisingly kept my composure, although I was close to tears at some points. When we were done explaining they just sat there in shock, trying to understand what we just told them. We sat in silence for a little bit.

Missed me?

Dumb voice that I hate so much! Where have you been?

I don't know man. Willow seems worried.

She probably want nothing to do with me, now that she knows that I'm a grimwalker.

Who ever said that?

It's just a thought.

Ey, who's usually right and who's usually wrong here?

USUALLY 

Oh, shut up.

*

Willow POV:

I can't believe it, any of it. It was all to much to comprehend. The day of unity, the witch hunter, the clones? I couldn't...I just couldn't. I stood up.

"I'm going to take a walk." And without waiting for an answer I walked out the door. I just needed to calm down. I was afraid of getting caught so I stayed near the house. After a little bit I saw a tree that seemed like a good climbing tree. So I hoisted myself up and started navigating through the branches. Then I reached a nice, thick branch that had a clear view of the horizon. I sat there for a little bit. It was nice. Not thinking, just looking out at the city below, breathing in the fresh air, feeling the warm breeze on my face. Then I heard rustling below me I looked down and saw Hunter struggling to climb the tree behind me. He had fresh scratches on his face and arms.

"How do you do this?!?" He asked, exasperated. I giggled and helped him up. When he sat up he looked out at the horizon, he seemed amazed. He just stared at it for a solid 2 minutes. Then he turned to me.

"Th-this is beautiful! It's like you!" He blushed and turned back to the view. I felt warm too, I looked out in front of me. The sun was starting to set now. The sky was now a pretty shade of orange.

"It is. It feels nice, doesn't it?"

"Uh-huh... I've never climbed a tree before."

"Yeah, I can tell." I said, looking at all the scratches on his arms.

"I don't really have peaceful moments like this."

"Why not?"

"When you work for the emperor you have to make sure you are ready to help. When you go on missions you have to do everything perfect. No mistakes, no hesitation, no mess ups. And if you don't..." his hand touched that scar on the side of his face. "You face the consequences."

"Hey! You there!" We turned and saw 3 coven scouts underneath us at the base of the tree. "Get out of that tree this instant!"

"For the emperor!"

Ajajjajajajajajajjajajajjajajjajagh I love this chapter so much! Even though it started off sad it was nice visualizing the tree scene. 

Will update soon!

Byyyyye!