Fifteen

Fifteen

May 22, 2022

7:48pm

Los Angeles, California

Ashton

"We're back," Michael called out as we went into his house.

"In the kitchen," we heard Crystal call out. Immediately Michael was tackling her into a hug as Luke tackled Sierra into a hug.

"Where's Sage?" I asked.

"On the couch, she fell asleep," Crystal told me. I went over and saw her curled up with Southy and Moose. I crouched down and moved the hair out of her face, which slowly woke her up.

"Hey kiddo," I smiled.

"You're back?" she yawned, starting to wake up.

"We are," I laughed. "I brought you a present,"

"What is it?"

"A surprise,"

"I want to know,"

"Well get up and I'll give it to you," I rubbed her back, then stood up. I went back to the kitchen, joining the conversation about the trip. Eventually Sage had woken up enough to join us, but clearly was exhausted. She came over and leaned against me as I rubbed her arm.

"She had four benadryl," Sierra told me and I nodded with a sigh.

"We should get going then," I said.

"I'll drive you guys back," Sierra offered. After saying bye and thank you to Michael and Crystal, she drove the rest of us back. Once we were home, Sage followed me inside tiredly.

"Want to show me your room?"

"Mhm," she nodded, rubbing her eyes. We went upstairs to Sage's room, which was now decorated how she wanted. The walls were white, but there were lots of bright colors around the room. Plants were hung everywhere along with string lights and pictures.

"Wow, this is great," I smiled and she nodded. "How are you feeling?"

"Have you contacted my dad?"

"No not yet, I will go tomorrow,"

"I haven't slept in awhile,"

"Crystal was texting me about that," I sighed. She crawled into her bed, so I sat on the end. "Is it because of your anxiety?"

"That and nightmares," she mumbled, picking at her nails.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Not really,"

"It might help,"

"They're embarrassing,"

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about," I reassured her, but she didn't budge. Instead of arguing, I dropped it. "How do you feel about attending therapy?"

"Not a fan,"

"You haven't tried it,"

"And I don't want to,"

"You gotta find some way to cope with all of this, Sage," I sighed.

"I will, I'll just do it my way,"