Twenty Four

Twenty Four

June 27, 2022

12:36am

Woodlands, Texas

Sage

After waiting in the waiting room for hours, we were finally able to go back to see Ashton. Their tour manager was getting all the details, but I didn't want to stick around for them. Luke, Michael, Calum, Ryan, and I all went back to his room, and when we opened the door he looked up, sending us a smile.

"Hey," he smiled. I was the first to rush over and hug him, but carefully since he had an IV. "I'm ok, I promise," he reassured me, hugging me tightly.

"What did the doctors say?" Calum asked.

"Heat exhaustion, dehydration," Ashton answered, still hugging me tightly. "I should have been drinking more water,"

"It's alright, things happen. Your health is the most important," Ryan reassured him.

"I let a lot of people down," Ashton sighed.

"They'll understand, you're more important than a show. You gotta take care of yourself first," Michael reminded him. "We can reschedule it,"

"I guess,"

"Please don't worry about that right now, worry about yourself," Luke begged. Ashton scooted over in the bed, letting me lay down next to him.

"Sorry I scared you guys,"

"Stop worrying about us," I mumbled, "you tell me that all the time," I reminded him, making them chuckle.

"You're right,"

"We're going to have to get going soon, Sage," Calum told me, "we can't stay the night,"

"Why?" I looked over at him.

"Visiting hour rules," he simplified the answer for me.

"We'll come back tomorrow," Ryan promised me.

"Ok,"

"The guys will take good care of you until I get back," Ashton reassured me. After a lot of convincing from the guys and stalling from me, we left back for the tour bus. In the bathroom, I threw on an oversized shirt and shorts before crawling into Ashton's bunk and falling asleep for the evening.

8:49am

"When do you get to leave?" I asked Ashton.

"Later today," he answered and I nodded. "Do you want to go back home?"

"You have to tour," I frowned.

"But you don't," he said.

"Sierra said you can stay with her, I talked to her last night," Luke chimed in.

"I don't want to leave you," I looked at Ashton, who sighed.

"It'll be for another month, and then you'll be coming to New York and Margaret can take you," he said. "I don't think touring is going well for you, is it?"

"No,"

"Do you want to try this?"

"I guess," I shrugged.

"I'll have someone get you a ticket home then," he said. "Is there anywhere to eat?" He looked at the guys.

"Yeah, I can go get some food," Ryan offered.

"Sage, how about you go with him? So he can have some help," Ashton suggested and I nodded. I got up and followed Ryan out. We made small talk as we left the building, but right when we exited a group of people rushed over to us.

"Is Ashton in there?"

"Is he ok?"

"Did he die?"

I was caught off guard, but Ryan kept his calm, "That is private information, but please leave. This is a hospital and it's not appropriate to be waiting outside," and with that. He put his hand on my back and led me off. "You ok?"

It was at that moment I made my decision, "I want to go home,"