Twenty Seven

Twenty Seven

July 11, 2022

3:02pm

New York City, New York

Sage

"That's cute," I smiled at Evan as he held up a jacket. After brunch we explored New York a little bit, then the guys went to the venue. While they did that, Brandy and Margaret took Evan and I shopping. They wanted to go to a store, but Evan and I wanted to go to a different one, so we agreed to meet in twenty minutes.

"I think I'm gonna get it,"

"Wear it to the concert tomorrow,"

"Yeah, I will," he nodded. "We should probably check out, we gotta meeting Margaret and Brandy,"

"Alright," I nodded. We got in line to check out, both of us checking out, then heading out. We went a couple of blocks down, the two of us holding hands, until we met back up with Margaret and Brandy.

"Ready?" Margaret asked and we nodded. We walked behind them, the two having a conversation about something, but Evan and I were silent. I leaned against him as we walked, both of us enjoying each other's company. When we made it to the arena the guys were playing at tomorrow, we went in through the back.

"This is amazing," Margaret gasped as we walked in.

"Isn't it?" Ashton grinned, giving her a kiss as he pulled her into a hug.

"Is it going to rain?" Evan asked.

"Weather is actually good," Michael told him.

"Better hope it is,"

"Why must you be pessimistic?" Luke scoffed.

"Not pessimistic, anxiety," I corrected. As we looked around, Ashton came over to me.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" he whispered and I nodded. I went over with him backstage, and he was quiet for a moment. "Margaret had gotten the mail and brought it here so I could look through it. Your dad dropped off custody papers for me to sign,"

"Oh," I breathed out.

"It's not adoption, it's guardianship. You won't have to change your last name or anything, I'll just be your guardian," he explained.

"Ok,"

He sighed, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," I shrugged.

"You don't have to act around me, let down your walls," he told me, moving the hair out of my face.

"I don't know what you want me to say,"

"Just how your feeling, not keeping everything bundled up," he said. "The more you keep in, the more it's going to hurt,"

"Is it bad that I'm disappointed he didn't fight more for me?" I questioned, looking up at him.

"Absolutely not," he shook his head. "It's ok to be disappointed about that,"

"I'm happy I won't be living with him or have him in my life, it just hurts that he didn't do anything to fight for me," I explained, wiping my tears. "It's stupid,"

"Not at all. I promise that you will never have to feel that disappointment with me. I can't change your dad's actions, but I can control mine. When your with me, you will always be loved,"

I lightly smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist, "Thank you, Ashton,"

"You're welcome, I love you Sage,"

"I love you too,"