reunion - part 1 (continuation)

2 Years Later

7:00am Saturday

it's been 2 years in college, there's only a few days left to go before my graduation and i couldn't be more relieved. the last few months have been really tough on me, dealing with a breakup and then the loss of a friend (we weren't super close but we had classes together) it hasn't been easy. as much as i tried to move on from Sapnap, i couldn't, the thought of his voice wishing me a good nights sleep almost every night before the sound of the hang up button, the touch of his hand running down my skin, i missed it all still months later. i even tried dating and hooking up with multiple people just to get my mind off things.
but now, with 4 days until college graduation, i have decided to focus on myself, and finish planning my trip back to good old Sunnyvale to visit my Mum and little brother, who's not so little anymore.
-
"well don't you look fabulous today !" my friend Becca said with total sarcasm as she pushed her way through the food line, "sorry but i can't help but notice you just pushed past 4 very hungry people, Becca" i smirk back, "oh they'll live, these pancakes are nothing but plastic and carbs" she scoffed as she picked up a pancake and shoved it in her mouth, i look at her in disbelief and laugh.
Becca and i have been friends for about a year now, she is one of the more popular people in our college year, she's stunning, blonde hair, big boobs, she's got all the goodies. sometimes i wonder if i would rather be her or be with her, "yoohoo y/n are you on earth with me right now ?" she waved her hand in front of my face, "oh yeah sorry, my minds just all a blur lately" i sigh and dig into my sugary breakfast the college provides for us, "still sad about that breakup with Sean ?" she asked, "what ? oh god no" i scoff, "that wasn't even a real relationship Becca, we lasted a good week and a half" i finish saying as i chew my pancake, "mm i suppose so" she says as she picks up her phone, sparkles and glitter all over the case, "oops gotta run ! sorority meeting in 5, you coming ?" she quickly picks up her hand bag and waits for my response, i shake my head and watch as she quickly runs out the cafeteria hall, her ass cheeks almost slipping out of her hot pink skirt, i scoff and look back down at my phone to see a message from someone.

Wilbur
hey, long time no chat, wanna hang out ?
7:36am
You
what made you text all of a sudden? lol.
7:37am
Wilbur
i miss you.
7:37am

he misses me ?! how could he miss me ?! after all the shit he put me through once i moved away and stayed with Sapnap, he misses me ?! i put my selfishness aside and decided to tell him about my trip back to Sunnyvale.

You
i'll be back in Sunnyvale after my graduation
7:39am
Wilbur
and when's that my dear?
7:40am
You
my graduation? that's wednesday
7:40am
Wilbur
no silly, when will you be back in Sunnyvale?
7:40am
You
thursday. i'm coming back with my Mum and little brother on wednesday night, so let's catch up thursday lunch time?
7:41am
Wilbur
see you then gorgeous ;)
7:42am

i scoffed at my phone and stood up to take my tray and hand it to the cafeteria ladies before walking back to my dorm and spending the day in bed.
-
9:00am Wednesday

*knock knock* i stand up from my vanity and walk to my door, looking through the peep hole to see who was there, i squeal and immediately opened the door, "hi guys !" i almost scream, tightly hugging my Mum and little brother Austin, "we've missed you so much darling, we've been counting down the days to come see you !" my Mum smiled brightly, "aww, well i've actually made plans to come back to Sunnyvale for a while ! at least until i find my own place, if that's okay Mum ?" i turn to Mum and ask, "oh of course honey we'd love that !" she hugged me again, "well we don't want to bother you whilst you get ready, we'll go check out the town and meet back here at 12 ?" she said happily, "sounds great you guys have fun, there's an awesome bakery just around the block by the way" i say, "oo please can we go there Mum ? i'm hungry" Austin begged, "okay sweetie we'll go take a look" she sighed before we exchanged one last hug.
i return inside my dorm and finish my skincare and getting dressed into my nicest pair of jeans, a blank tank top, and my sorority jacket before leaving to my makeup and hair appointments. i walk down the halls and ring for the elevator to the student carpark, and once i make it to my car i decide to play one of my old playlists from high school.

( play songs like Into It by Chase Atlantic, Blueberry Faygo by Lil Mosey and Roses by The Chainsmokers for more effect :) )

as i jam out to the playlist i begin to tear up a little, remembering these were all the songs my friend group and i used to listen to, Dream, Karl, George, Sapnap and i, these were our favourite songs. we haven't been in much contact at all lately, once we all moved away to college we drifted. the last time i talked to any of them was when i ran into Karl 2 weeks ago at the supermarket roughly 30 minutes from my college, (they have better prices for broke college students) and if i'm being honest it was really awkward, all we talked about was college and when we're graduating, then we said goodbye and hugged for a awkward 5 seconds, i know.
as i parked outside the salon, i began to wonder if i should meet up with my old group again, and have a reunion, Wilbur included, maybe i could even bring Becca, she's kind of my only friend at the moment.
-
12:30pm

"welcome parents, friends, and families to todays graduation !" as our headmaster began his speech, and each of our teachers did so too, they began reading names off a list for students to collect their certificates and diplomas before being sent off on their future.
"Y/N Y/LN" my name was read aloud, my heart sunk and i quickly got up from my chair and walked up onto the stage, shaking my headmasters hand as i collected my certificate, "that's my baby !!" i hear my Mums voice shout from the crowd, followed by an applaud from my classmates, i smile and wave before i walk off stage and sit back in my seat.
after the ceremony was over, and everyone had picked up their graduation caps off the ground, i searched through the crowd for my Mum and Austin, "hi sweetie !" she yelled from behind me, "oh hi Mum ! i've been looking everywhere for you" i giggle, she hugs me tightly, almost making me gasp for air, "okay Mum calm down or soon you won't have a daughter/son" i tap her back for her to let go, she lets go and i gasp for air "sorry sweetie, i'm just so insanely proud of you, you've come so far honey !" she says with tears forming in her eyes, "aw thanks Mum i love you so much" i hug her again.
-
once i had finally packed up my dorm and said my goodbyes to my roommate, Mum, Austin, Becca and i were on our way to Sunnyvale, and i decided to let everyone know about the reunion, knowing how awkward it may be.

Groupchat
You
hey guys, long time no see, let's all hang out Sunnyvale park tomorrow at 9 ?
6:35pm
Becca
omg hey guys !
6:35pm

"Becca you realise you don't have to talk in the groupchat if we're right next to eachother ?" i laugh, "i wanna meet all your nerdy friends !" she smiled and looked back at her phone, i roll my eyes and look back at my own.

Karl
i can make it but i'll be like 20 minutes late
6:38pm
You
all good cant wait to see u :)
6:38pm
Karl
me too :)
6:39pm
George
yoo it's been too long, we should crash at Karl's after like old times
6:42pm
You
omg yes !! please Karl
6:43pm
Karl
i'll check with my parents but i'm not promising anything
6:44pm
Dream
i'm in. who's this Becca chick?
6:47pm
You
she's kinda like my only friend at the moment, we went to the same college
6:48pm
Becca
ya because they're like super lonely and shit
6:49pm
Dream
ah i see.
6:49pm
Sapnap
yooo
6:52pm
George
took you long enough to answer princess
6:53pm
Sapnap
sorry got the gf over
6:54pm
You
girlfriend huh ?
6:55pm
Dream
yeah she's like super hot
6:55pm
Sapnap
oh piss off
6:56pm

"wow, he's got a new girlfriend already" i say softly, "well you can't talk you had like 3 boyfriends within 3 months" Becca scoffed, "yeah you're right, i'm over him anyway" i sigh and turn my phone off to try and close my eyes for the rest of the drive, Becca did the same.