Chapter 1

Mahidevran Sultan
Circassia, 27th December 1514

I was attending a local Festivity, when I saw the Ottoman Army pillaging the Area. I tried to flee from the Army but I got kidnapped. I was then put on a ship with a bunch of other girls that was heading to Manisa. Throughout the entire journey, I was the one who obeyed all the orders inorder to survive. After me and the other girls arrived to Manisa, we were examined if we were virgins and healthy enough to bear a child. The next day I was told to entertain the Mother of the Prince or Şehzade as they call him. I was brought to a Hammam to bathe and then I put on this beautiful green and brown dress. After I got ready, I bowed to Ayşe Hafsa Sultan and then I started to dance. The Sultana ordered the Music to stop.

"What is your name?", Ayşe Hafsa Sultan asked

"Daxe(pronunced Daka, meaning Beautiful), Sultanim", I replied.

"Daxe, you will have halvet with the Şehzade tonight. I find you to be a perfect choice for the Şehzade."

I then was escorted by Daye Hatun and Nigar Kalfa to the Chambers of the Şehzade. I entered the room and bowed down to him and kissed his robe. He then gently grabed my chin and helped me get up. I looked at his face. His sea-blue eyes pierced into my soul. He pulled me closer to him and he kissed me. We undressed each other and soon enough became "one" that night.

Manisa, 19th January 1515

"Sultanim, I am glad that you are healthy again. I was scared for you!", I said to Ayşe Hafsa Sultan.

" Mahidevran Hatun, you shouldn't be worried about me, you should worry about your child that you are carrying.", she said to me.

Manisa, 6th August 1515

"Congratulations Mahidevran Hatun! You gave birth to a  son!", the Royal Physician exclaimed.

"My Mustafa, I will make sure that you become the next Sultan."

Manisa, 19th May 1516

"Sultanim! Melek Hatun is in labor! If God wills it, she will have a daughter!", Meleksima Hatun said.
"Meleksima, she will surely give birth to a daughter!", I told her."

When I heard that Melek Sultan gave birth to a son and a dead daughter. I was furious. I wished for the boy to die. But even though she has a son, that doesn't mean that he will be Sultan. I went out of my Chamber and saw Melek Sultan  heading my way.

"Melek Sultan, how is your daughter? Oh right, she is dead!", I said.

"Don’t you dare to mention her with your dirty mouth, Mahidevran!", she screamed at me and then she left."

"MAHIDEVRAN!", Şehzade Süleyman shouted.

"Şehzadem, is there something wrong?"

"HOW COULD YOU INSULT MY LATE DAUGHTER? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?", he screamed at me.

"Şehzadem, Melek Sultan is lying! She is trying to blame me for something that I never did!", I responded.

"MAHIDEVRAN! THE ENTIRE HAREM HEARD YOU SAY THAT! STOP LYING TO ME! YOU KNOW WHAT, MAHIDEVRAN!? AS FROM NOW ON YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! I WILL ONLY VISIT MUSTAFA FROM NOW ON!", he shouted.

He then left the room and I imediately started crying. From now he would ignore me forever.
   ___________________________________
Written by :
MedinaHadziefendic7