Chapter 16

Melek Sultan

"Şehzadem, are you excited for today?"

"Yes Validem, I can't wait to play with my brothers before the ceremony starts."

"My Şehzade, you should go to your Father! You haven't talked to him in a while."

"You are right Valide, I should pay him a visit! May I go to my Father?"

"Of course Demir, why are you even asking?!"

Demir leaves the Chamber and I get ready for today's Festivities

Demir leaves the Chamber and I get ready for today's Festivities. I went to the Main Chambers where all the Sultanas and Valide Sultan were. I bowed to them.

"Melek sit here!"

I sit next to Mihrişah Sultan. The athmosphere was calm. Too calm. That is when Sümbül Ağa storms into the Chamber saying that Ibrahim Paşa was shot with an poisonous arrow and was unconscious. I secretly hope he will die. Not soon after the announcement Hatice fainted. I honestly couldn't understand Hatiçe's affection towards Ibrahim. Out of all the men on the Earth she really had to fall in love with that piece of shit. As soon as she woke up she went in to a crying fit. I honestly wanted to start laughing at Hatiçe's behaviour.  As Mahienver Sultan and Şehzade Mustafa had a small argument ,the baby started to kick really hard. I let out a groan.

"Melek are you alright?"

The Valide asked me.

I'm alright, Sultanim, this happens all the time."

I responded whilst caressing my stomach. I was in pain but I didn't want to Interrupt the Festivities because of my baby. Then I let out another groan, but the pain was now unbearable.

"The Baby is coming!"

I screamed whilst clutching my hand to my stomach. Soon I was brought into my room. The labour was fast but intense. Because of how intense it was, I fainted in the middle of giving birth. I soon heard my baby cry.

"Sultanim, you have  given birth to a healthy Sultana!"

I was overjoyed. I always wanted a daughter after the death of my stillborn daughter Handan. Soon all the Sultanas, Şehzades, the Valide and Süleyman gathered in my room.

"Your name will be Menekşe, your name will be Menekşe, your name will be Menekşe."

Süleyman whispered into our daughters ear. I then took her from Süleyman's arms and held her in my own. She was so beautiful and tiny. I knew at that moment that I will protect her as much as Demir. After some time everyone left the Chamber except Demir.

"Valide, can I hold Menekşe?"

Demir asked.

"Of course you can! Sit down next to me so it will be easier to hold her"

I then help Demir hold Menekşe. His eyes lit up the moment he held her. I almost cried because of Demir's reaction to holding her.

[Sadika Hatun]

"That red-haired witch is dying tonight!"

I head to Melek Sultan's Chamber. I see her sleeping on the bed next to her daughter. I stab her so many times until her clothes are soaked in blood. I then leave her Chamber.

After a while:

I head back to my Chamber after bathing in the Hammam. I see the Wetnurse being soaked in blood. I screamed so loud that the entire Harem runs to my Chamber. I take my Children outside quickly.

"Sultanim, why are you screaming?"

"Sü-Süm-Sümbül, t-there i-is t-the d-d-dead b-body of the W-Wetnurse. S-somebody t-tried t-to k-kill m-me!"

Sümbül Ağa goes into the room and comes back pale as a ghost. Soon the Sultanas, the Sultan and the Valide Sultan arrive. I entrusted Şehzade Demir to Mahienver Sultan and I went to the Chamber of the Valide holding Menekşe.

________________________________
Written by: MedinaHadziefendic7