Chapter 11

Mahienver sultan's POV:

It's been around day or two since the princes were poisoned with plague and Mahidevran was banished. I knew Mahidevran was evil but I would've never thought her heart that cold and that she was that cruel. My life has lost every meaning since Osman was in the condition that he was in, my heart was syncing everyday and what hurts the most is the fact that I can't even see him. Recently, Suleyman fainted, he's currently laying in his bed and doctors don't think it's plague, but that he was poisoned. However they don't think the poison was strong and they say he will recover fast. I hope they're right because my life is already hell.

,,Sultanim, please eat something. You haven't eaten for two days." Canfeda said in a sad tome as I looked at her emotionlessly. My heart was like stone since Osman and Suleyman became sick.

,,Don't you I can't? I can't do anything now, not until Osman recovers." I muttered.

,,Sultanim, please. You forgot you have other children, you must be strong for them." She said making me feel like the worst mother on earth. I tried to be strong, but I couldn't do it. It would be the same if one of the triplets got sick, may God forbid.

,,I'm trying, Canfeda, I really am, but I can't. My life is falling apart and I feel like I can't fo anything about it. I'm absolutely hopeless." I said. The tears build in my eyes quickly, I closed them tightly trying to hold the tears back.

After I pulled myself together I went to visit Suleyman along with Mihrisah, Halime, valide and Hatice sultan. The doctors say he's doing better but that he's still not out of the woods.

,,May his majesty recover quickly." I mumbled looking at Suleyman's unconscious body laying on his bed.

,,Amin." Everyone muttered back... I honestly felt helpless, but I prayed and hoped for the better days to come.

,,The doctors said he will be able to get up in a few days." Hatice said trying to make things batter. I hoped she was right because I didn't want to lose him.

,,Let's hope that will happen." Halime added turning her gaze towards Hatice.

The next day:

I was outside of Osman's chambers watching him through the glass window. Even though the doctors say he is feeling better, my heart still broke into millions of pieces seeing him laying in that bed fighting for his life. I wanted to come into that room so badly but I had to think about my girls. What would they do if they lost their mother? I didn't even want to think about it.

,,Everything will be okay, sultanim, don't worry." Canfeda said to me patting my shoulder.

,,I hope so, Canfeda." I sighed trying not to burst Into tears.

,,Sultanim." One of my maids, Nuray, came up to me and bowed down.

,,What is it?" I turned around and saw her standing shyly still in a bow position. She looked almost scared.

,,The triplets..." She mumbled. I almost had a heart attack. I immediately thought of the worst. What if they caught plague as well?

,,What happened to them? Answer me, hatun?" I raised my voice at her. I could see her flinch, still not daring to look me in the eyes.

,,They, they made a mess in the room... Shirin sultan cut her arm on a broken glass, but she's okay, don't you worry." She said. I felt relief but I was still mad at her for leaving them alone.

,,Why did you leave them alone? I told you to keep your eyes on them no matter what!" I scolded her.