Chapter 3

Mahienver sultanas POV:

Manisa palace, October 28th 1519.

,,What a beautiful girl you chose, Daye... What's your name, hatun?" Ayse Hafsa sultan, the mother of prince Suleyman asked me while I was clueless standing in front of her. She had that glamor in her eyes and I never saw a woman as beautiful as her.

,,It's Olga, sultanim." I muttered through my teeth looking down the floor shyly. I was afraid to even look her in the eyes, because I was aware that she could take my life if she wanted to.

,,Where are you from?" She asked me another question after measuring me again as I was standing still as a statue.

,,Russia, your highness." I said feeling the chils run down my spine.

,,I can see how good you look, and I hope your mind is just as your looks because I will be sending you to my son." She said sharply but before I could say anything she dismissed me by moving her hand upwards. I immediately bowed down and was walked out by her servant Daye.

,,What did she mean by that, Daye hatun?" I asked innocently as we were walking down towards the harem.

,,By what?" She replied looking like she payed no attention to me.

,,By sending me to her son, what is that supposed to mean?" I said, she turned her gaze to me and sighed as I looked at her with a face full of curiosity.

,,You'll spend a night with him. And maybe if you get lucky, you will get pregnant and if you give birth to a prince you'll become his consort, like Mahidevran and Melek sultan." She explained. I liked the idea of me being a sultana, that's why I will try to gain his attention.

,,Follow me now, hatun, we need to prepare you." Daye then said, I felt surprised. Everything happened so quickly and I didn't expect for me to be sent just now.

,,Righ now?" My eyes opened wide. I mean I wasn't complaining or anything, it was just odd to me.

,,You should be happy it's happening right now, hatun. That means the doors of heaven will open to you and you should be thankful you don't have to wait." She said coldy.

Afterwards they bathed me in the room called hammam, it was very relaxing to be honest. Then I got ready, I was waring a beautiful white dress with bunch of jewelry. I never felt prettier in my life.

,,You look gorgeous, MashAllah, his majesty will definitely fall for you." Sumbul falttered me as I fixed everything up one last time.

,,So you remember everything I told u. I should know how to act when u step in front of the sultan." He said. Yes, I had to listen to all that, there were rules I needed to follow. So when I enter the big chambers, I should kneel in front of him and kiss his robe, not looking at his eyes..I should not get up until he tells me signals me to and also I can't look him in the eyes or speak without his premssion.

,,Yes I do, you don't need to worry about that." I replied. He just gave me a nod.

,,Then we can go." In the matter of seconds we were on our way to the big hall, I was followed by to agahs and two kalfas as the tradition says. I could feel my legs shaking even though I wanted this to happen, I was still nervous.

We walked down the hall for a bit longer and then we stopped in front of the big door. I took one deep breath before they opened reaviling a young and handsome men sitting on his working table, I guess I could see that he wasn't really expecting me.

I stepped in as the door behind me closed, I then bowed down to him. I was still looking down the floor and then I heard him moving closer and closer to me. Once he was in front of me I knelt down and kissed the back of his robe.