Prologue

"C'est tout pour ce soir, tout le monde."

I greeted my workmate and the Heads goodbye as I fixed my things before heading out of the meeting room.

"Wanna come with us to the bar? The girls and men are going."

I glared at my good friend Ayanna who is currently at her table and touching up her make-up. I looked at the lipstick that she was using and it made me focus on the shade of it. It gave me an idea for my work.

I groaned as I put my things on the table.

"I can't. I have to go home to finish my design. You know it's due this week. Je suis stresse."

She then looked at me and gave me an empathic smile. "Don't be nervous, Amore. I've seen your design and work. It's de toute beauté.

Ngumiti ako sa puri niya. "Merci, Ayanna. Have fun at the bar."

Nang matapos kong ligpitin ang aking mga gamit, nagpa-alam ako sa mga tao sa office. I gazed at my watch to looked at the time and it's already late in the evening. Mukha lang na hindi pa late dahil ang busy ng streets sa labas. Especially these time of the month because it's Paris' vacation season.

As I walked along the pavements, I can't help but smile at the night life of Paris. Kahit na maraming tao, ang ganda parin tignan. Lalong-lalo na dahil naka-on ang lights ng Eiffel Tower. Hindi nakakasawang tignan.

Paris is amazing but..., it's expensive.

Kahit na malaki ang allowance na binibigay nila Mom at Dad sa akin, iniipon ko parin. I can't be impulsive with my life here. Not now that the issue with Celeste Empire is not yet fully resolved and well.

Moving here to Paris changed me into a different person. I learned how to manage my expenses wisely, live independently, be sociable but careful on meeting new people, and I became more passionate.

My goals and dreams are almost within my reach so I can't waste my time here. I need to put my focus on them.

The distance between my workplace and my apartment is just a 20-minute walk away. I'm not much of a walking person. In fact, I hate walking kahit na nandoon pa ako sa Philippines. But since the traffic here in Paris is such a trouble, I learned the art of walking and somehow enjoyed it.

"Bonsoir!"

The guard greeted me as I entered the apartment building. A smile then formed on my lips.

"Bonsoir, Denis!" I greeted him.

"Busy day at work, Madmoiselle?" He asked.

Denis has been my friend here at the apartment building. He's the first person I interacted with the moment I moved here. Nagkamali kasi ako noon sa kung anong floor yung unit ko and lucky of me, Denis was there to assist me.

He's almost 60 years old but his energy doesn't radiate of a 60-year-old man. He's very approachable, kind, and welcoming. I can't deny the fact that I'm fond of him, and I know..., everyone in this building fonds him.

"Busy day indeed, Denis. Je suis fatigué. " I said as I dropped my shoulders, acting tired and sleepy.

"Then you better hurry up to your unit," he said and pointed at the top floors.

I gave him a soft smile and nodded. I entered the elevator and glared at him one last time.

"Someone is waiting for you."