Chapter 05

Driver

"This activity is going to be by group. A group of 4."

Nagkatitigan kami ni tatlo nila Fia at Henryk nang inilahad iyon ng teach namin. 

She was discussing earlier about the 10 commandments and our task is to make a brochure that summarizes all of them. May rubrics siyang binigay and I wrote them down already.

"I will be the one to choose your group members so that it would be fair to everyone and to make sure that everyone has a group."

I saw how some of my classmates' shoulders drop when our teacher announced that. Alam kong na sa mga isipan nila ngayon, may member na silang gusto maka-group but sad to say, we have to follow our teacher's instruction. Especially at this subject ng Christian Living plus our teacher is kind of strict pa naman.

However, I'm a little confident because I know Fia and I would be groupmates as always since we're twins. Ever since mga groupings, hindi pwedeng hindi kami magkasama. Ewan ko rin kung bakit gusto ng mga teachers namin na lagi kaming magka-group. I know that Fia wouldn't be bothered if ever will not be group together.

I think maybe because of our parents. Why separate us when we're twins and our resources and the place we live in is only one?

Habang kalmado akong naka-upo sa aking upuan, nahagilap ng mga mata ko si Henryk na kasalukuyang inilalapit ang sarili kay Fia at parang may ibubulong ito. Lumapit rin si Fia sa kaniya para magkarinigan sila. Pati rin ako ay lumapit para makisawsaw.

"I hope we're groupmates. I wanna experience doing an activity with you and Serafina," he said.

"Ako rin. Sana nga groupmates tayo kasi alam kong kami ni Fina automatically groupmate na," pahayag ni Fia.

Nginitian ko siya at inilipat ang tingin kay Henryk. "Don't worry. I can feel na magkaka-groupmates tayo," I said then showed him my crossed fingers. "I'll crossed my fingers for it," then gave him a wink.

After our teacher finalize listing the groups on her notepad, she stood up and went to the center of the room and started naming the members of each group.

"Alcantara, De Leon, Zamora, and Manalo. Group 1."

Nagsitinginan yung mga apelyido ng students na tinawag ni Ma'am. I saw how Alcantara and Manalo giggled when they knew that they're groupmates.

Maybe because they didn't expect that they will be in the same group and maybe..., because they expect that the groupings will be in alphabetical order.

I immediately turned around and looked at Henryk. I gave him a hopeful smile because my gut tells me that there's a possibility na maka-group namin siya since randomly yung pagtawag ng mga apelyido.

"Bueno, Santisima, Ledesma, and Pablos. Group 2."