Chapter 07

Lunch

A week has passed since our making of the project activity. As it turns out, our output got recognized by our teacher.

"Group of Celeste..., great job on your output. Among all the groups who passed, yours outstand the most."

Everyone clapped on jus and I look behind to see Fia, Marco, and Henryk. Nakayuko ang ulo ni Fia at lihim na nakangiti, halatang nahihiya sa papuri ni Ma'am. While Marco is feeling good about himself and Henryk..., he's just showing off his warm charming smile but I know he also feels good about himself.

And me, I'm equally as happy that our output got recognized. May naidulot rin pala ang pag meet-up namin sa pag-gawa nito.

"Hindi ako mag-rerecess, I'll go to the library."

Napa-angat ang aking ulo sa nagsalita at si Fia pala. She's holding a book that doesn't look like our textbook so I guess it's one of her own.

"You're not hungry? I can buy you snack and give to you sa library," alok ko sabay tumayo narin.

Umiling siya. "No need. I'm not really hungry. I just want to read."

My eyes drifted back to the book that she's holding and it looks like she really just want to read. Halata ring bago yung librong hawak niya dahil nong pumunta kami ng mall kahapon, umalis siya saglit sa pagsho-shopping nila Mommy dahil may pupuntahan raw siya. Maybe she went to a bookstore.

"Okay. Ikaw lang mag-isa?"

"Yeah..., and you don't have to come with me. Baka hanapin ka ng mga friends mo."

Nakitab ko siyang nakatingin sa likuran ko sa labas at nang sumilip ako, I saw some of my girl friends from the other section waiting for me. Recess time kasi kaya baka hinihintay nila ako para sasabay ako sa kanila.

"Sige na, bye. Happy recess."

Fia walked passed by me and headed out of the room. Henryk then stood up from his seat and went to me.

"Where's Fia going?" He asked

"To the library. Ayaw niyang mag-recess, she wants to read daw."

Mahinang tumango si Henryk at napatingin sa pinto na pinaglabasan ni Fia kanina. Napatingin rin ako don at binalik ang tingin sa kaniya.

"Do you want to follow her sa library?" I curiously asked.

His brows lifted a bit then he shook his face to the side as he chuckled. I then looked at him and saw how his cheeks flushed a bit.

My eyes then narrowed and something struck me.

Wait?!