Chapter 1

I do not own any part of Harry Potter.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

“Nightshade”

Chapter 1 – The New Beginning

“Tom you said you would leave the muggleborns to my Pack. Now please, enlighten me about why I was just informed about your Death Eaters attacking a house on Hermione and Ginny’s list? Harry hissed into the mirror. It was three months after Dumbledore’s fall. Three months of upheaval in the magical world and Tom was causing him more headaches. 

“Did they now?” Tom replied. “I did not order an attack Little Alpha, but I will deal with my followers.”

Harry sighed. He was just thankful that his aunt’s wedding the day before hadn’t been interrupted by this mess. Hermione and Ginny were finishing up the last few families on their muggleborn list this month and all but a hand full of were-packs were settled into their new homes on his land. As soon as the war started with the muggles then more would come.

“How close are you to finishing the Hogwarts curriculum?” Harry asked tiredly. He pinched the bridge of his nose trying to get the pounding in his head to lessen. That was the one thing he left to his godparents and Tom. While he was unlimited in what he could do, others weren’t, and he learned that his Pack was also unique in the magic department too, so he couldn’t have one of them do the job either.

“Everything is ready for the new year.” Tom watched him for a heartbeat. “When was the last time you rested Little Alpha?”

Master has not slept in days,” Amara hissed from her position around Harry’s shoulders. He only drinks tea and that horrendous smelling brown sludge.”

Coffee, my beauty. It is called coffee.” Harry let his hand fall along with his head. He rested it on his crossed arms. Moments later his world shifted, he scrambled to right himself but the strong arms holding him wouldn’t budge. “TOM!”

Tom ignored him as he walked out of Harry’s office, carrying him down the hall to his bedroom. Dudley poked his head out of his own room to see what the racket was. He left them alone with a shake of his head and a chuckle.

Tom pushed the door open with his magic before shutting it when they were inside. With little effort, he tossed his load on the bed. “We have nothing important to speak on this moment. We can pick it up tomorrow.” A sweep of his magic had Harry stripped to only a pair of silk sleeping pants the same color as his emerald eyes.

Harry glared, his magic tugging to retreat from Tom’s. “I am not a child. I do not need to be told to go to bed.” Tom ignored him. "Why did I add you to the wards again? I didn't do it so that you could just appear and take me from my work."

Tom chuckled but didn’t argue as his own clothes faded to only a pair of black silk sleeping pants. Without hesitation, he slipped into the bed with Harry. Harry froze, shocked momentarily by Tom’s forwardness. An arm pulled him to lay against Tom’s chest, shaking him from his shock. He grumbled but didn’t fight. Their magic brushed and danced around them. The combination of Tom’s heartbeat, their mixing magic, and the hand running through his hair lulled him into a deep sleep.