Chapter 2

I do not own Harry Potter don't sue me
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

“Nightshade”

Chapter 2 – Death’s Test

Princess Selvinta, with a small party of Dark Elves, stood waiting to greet them when they appeared in Harrison’s clearing. Hermione and Luna bowed politely before stand straight and proud.

Luna stepped forward calmly, “Harrison died tonight.”

“I know young one,” Selvinta answered. Hermione felt a bubble of irritation build but Luna helped push it back. The princess just continued on speaking. “He passed the first test. There will be two more to follow. He will die again and again. If he passes, he will come back.”

“Why? Why does he need to be tested with death?” Hermione almost yelled, barely able to stay composed at the thought of losing their Alpha and Lord, her brother, again, maybe for good.

“Death must test all his chosen to determine if they are worthy,” Selvinta answered calmly. Fear and anger sparked through Hermione, pulling attention from the rest of the Pack. Luna quickly reassured them that all was well before blocking them off from Hermione.

“Thank you,” Luna bowed respectful and grabbed Hermione and used the Pack band to pull them back to Harry. “Twice.”

“What?”  Hermione asked trying to get her bearing after such an abrupt travel. The rest of the room’s occupants turned to them.

“The princess said that Harrison would die and come back three times. She said this was his first test, but he has died and returned twice now.” Luna answered. Her eyes were not focused on the room but so far away as the dementor’s attack and Harry’s first death played through her mind projecting to the rest of the Pack.

Ginny shuttered, “The dementors. Hadn’t Alpha said that they weren’t going to harm him after the attack?”

“He did but he never really explained why,” Fred answered. He rubbed at his chest absentmindedly, the phantom pain from the bond to his Alpha and Lord breaking in death still lingering. “Do we know why he has to die three times?”

“Princess Selvinta said it was a test to see if he was worthy,” Hermione sat down next to Sirius on the floor. The older man pulled her into a comforting hug against his side.

“But why?” Neville asked. “What is the purpose? He’s already a Lord of Old, he already fulfilled the prophecy, he is the first practicing blood user in centuries, and he already bears the mark of the three Ladies. What else does he need to do?”

Luna blinked, slowly coming back to the world, “I don’t know. I can’t see what lays ahead.”

Tom listened to the Pack from his place at Harry’s side. A nagging feeling kept tugging at him from the back of his mind like he had heard about what his Little Alpha was going through. Like he knew what it would lead to but for the life of him he couldn’t remember, and it was causing him anger. He wanted to search through his expansive library, but he refused to leave Harry’s side.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

It took Harrison two full days to recover his strength from his death. During that time, he was assaulted with images of cities burning and screams penetrating the air like a tortured song. They rang out over the roaring flames. Sometimes he was with the people, eyes dark as he stared ahead as the flames consumed them. Sometimes he was watching from feet away. He would watch as some tried to run, fear flooding their veins as the made their way to the edge of the city only to be stopped in their tracks by an unseen perimeter. No one escaped, not even the few children left.