Chapter I | Indominus Rex

~¤~

~¤~

The summer morning was calm, cooled, as employee's and staff members of the new park called Jurassic World were busy, prepping for people to visit the new park. It was gonna be better than the last park from 1993.
When the young sixteen year old Emily Blake took in the job, she did not realize that her life gets turned around when she was tasked to take care of their new dinosaur they called The Indominus Rex. A hybrid created by many animals and dinosaurs, of course Emily accepted the task.

~¤~

Emily slowly walked inside the enclosure and up the catwalk, she placed both of her hands on the railing as she looked over the trees. She then notice claw marks on some of the woodland, she let out a heavy sigh and toss her head back "Are you kidding me?" she said and walk down the catwalk.
She had told the dinosaur not to claw at them, but it went along and did it.

When she reach the bottom, she imminently looked around the woodland until she reach a clearing. She sighed in relief, unbeknownst to her that she was being stalked by something.
She smiled and said in a singsong voice, "Don't even think about it."

A loud clap noise made her flinch; she turn to see a greyish white dinosaur around the size of a T-Rex with quills sticking around its neck and back, reddish orange eyes stared down into her brown ones.
The creature wagged its tail from side to side, Emily turn to look at him with a smile on her lips. "Hey boy, how are you today?" She asked him while scratching his snout.

He let out a guttural noise and then a yawn, "Hmm, tired aren't we?" She joked.
The Indominus Rex nodded in agreement, "I supposed we could play for a little bit until Claire gets here."
Emily walk inside the forest with The Indominus Rex behind her, she picked up a large branch. "Alright, just like we practice. If you catch this, you get this." She picked up a bag of meat, he let out a roar and wagged his tail. She then threw the branch in which the hybrid followed it, he manage to grabbed it before it came in contact with the ground. He brought it back to her, he dropped it which it now filled with saliva. "Gross." She muttered.

She look back up to the hybrid who's waiting for his reward, "Well, aside from my crappy throw. You did good." she then open the bag and picked up a raw meat, "You've earned it." She threw the meat up as the hybrid caught it in his mouth.
He let out a growl in delight, then a roar that sounded like 'Thank you'

Emily giggled, "You're welcome." Then, like lightning, The hybrid started to lick her head, Emily squealed as fell into the ground, laughing her head off. "Okay! Okay!" she breathed out, catching her breath from laughing. Then they hear a helicopter landing, Emily stood up and check her watch. "Two minutes early." She turn to look at the hybrid, but he already camouflage in the woods. "Right, don't trust other humans."

She then walked outside to see Claire and Simon, "Hello Claire."

"Miss Blake, this is Mr. Simon Masrani. Mr. Masrani, this is Miss Emily Blake." Claire introduced.

"So, you're The Dinosaur girl. I've heard so much about." Simon said with a smile, shaking the girl's hand.

"Yes, I am." Emily said with a smile.

"Miss Blake has been in charge of taking care of The Indominus Rex for about three years now." Claire explained as three walked up the stairs and inside the paddock's observation room. "We hit a few speed bumps early on. It began to anticipate where the food would come from." she gestured of the supervisors to leave. "One of the handlers nearly lost an arm. The others threatened to quit if I couldn't guarantee their safety. That's where Emily comes in."

"I had cleared some of my schedules, so I can spend more time with him." Emily stated.

"He's intelligent then?" Simon asked.

"For a dinosaur." Claire quipped.

Simon then notice something odd, "And that?" He pointed to the broken glass next to the girls. "It tried to break the glass." Claire said.

"I like his spirit." He said under his breath, they heard breaking noise as part of the hybrid's back showed, he growled and started walking around his paddock. "Oh, it's white... you never told me it was white..." He told Claire.

"Think it'll scare the kids?" Claire asked him.

"'The kids?' This'll give the parents nightmares..." He replied.

"Is that...good?"

"It's fantastic.." The hybrid stared at the three humans, mostly Emily.

"Can he see us?" Simon asked him.

"He can sense thermal radiation, like snakes." Emily replied.

"Say, I thought there were two of them." Simon said.

Claire went on to explained, "There was a sibling in case this one didn't survive infancy."

"Where's the sibling?"

"He killed and ate it..." Emily replied, remembering the horrific memory.

Simon look at the girls with wide eyes, Claire just smiled at him. "Say, what did you name him?" he asked Emily.

"Spartan." she shrugged her shoulders, "Like the soldiers of Ancient Greece and I just thought it suits him."

As if on cue, part of the hybrid's snout showed itself to the humans. Before descending in the foliage, "He's smart."

"Very."

~¤~

After showing Simon to The Indominus Rex, Emily laid on the ground with Spartan's head on her legs. She lightly stroke his head as he purred in delight she giggled, Untamable King? More like Feline King.

"Okay boy, I'm gonna go see Mr. Grady. I'll be back soon, Okay?" Emily said, Spartan look at her, he snorted and lifted his head up for her. She lifted herself and patted the dirt off of her pants.

She opens the door, she turns her head to look at him one more time. "No funny business." She told him, he snorted and swish his tail around. She smirked and went inside and close the door behind her.

A/N: Enjoy the first Chapter!