Chapter XVIII | Farewell Spartan

~¤~

~¤~

"Sombra!" Emily calls out as she limps around the museum — She hears her hybrid cried out in pain. She has to know where he is to help fix him — She gasps when she sees him spread out away from the floor with a horn impaled on his hind leg. "Oh my baby." Sombra opens his eyes and lifts his head up to see Emily. He grunts as he tries to lift his body up but screeches and falls down. Emily fell down to her knees, "It's okay, it's going to be okay." She strokes his scales. She exhales as she grabs the horns and pulls it out. Sombra screeches at the shot of pain.

She removes her coat and wraps it around his wound, "Come on. Let's get you out of here." Sombra lifts himself up and she and Emily walk out of the Manor.

~¤~

Just outside the back of the manor was a large pickup truck where Emily's friend Skye and Robin; "There you are." Robin spoke. "What the hell happened to you? You look like-" They stop when they see Sombra right behind Emily while he stares at them. "And who's this?" They ask.

"This is Sombra. Spartan's...Half-brother."

"Half-brother?" Skye asks.

"Yeah." She replied while Sombra nodded in agreement, even though he didn't know who Spartan was.

"Here." Robin opens up the trunk. "Sombra can be right here while you can be with him."

"Okay." After some encouragement they've managed to get Sombra onto the trunk while Robin spoke to her about them and Skye seeing a stampede of various dinosaurs leaving the manor and out into the wilderness. Emily gently placed a blanket down so the hybrid wasn't cold. "Alright let's-" Skye was cut off when all of them heard branches breaking right in front of them.

They look up just as the forest reveals a Spartan in the darkness, "That's a big one." Robin comments.

"Hey my boy." Emily softly spoke as she stepped forward at the Indo Rex. Spartan let out a gurgle as his eyes softened at the sight of his girl, he got on all fours to lower his snout for Emily to scratch while he purrs. "Spartan, come with me." She spoke. "We have a farm far from humans, an endless lush forest for you to explore. You'll be safe."

Spartan ceased his purrs while he just stared at her, with a sigh he turned his head to the forest. Emily frowns, "You don't want to come with me? B-but I-i just got you back." Tears started to stream down her face at the thought of Spartan leaving her. Three years without him was hard but somehow she managed to cope with the loss.

Spartan place his head onto her chest with a loud whine, he didn't mean to hurt his mother like this but this was his choice. Even though the sound of endless lush forest sounds fun, it wasn't life for him.

Emily looks up at her hybrid with a sniffle and nods, "I understand. Completely."

Spartan licks her face, he lifts his head up —He spun around to take off into the forest. He stops to turn his head with a roar, he then takes off into the forest.

Emily let out a sigh but this is what he wanted — To be out on his own without any humans coming for him. This is the right thing to do.

~¤~

Outside in suburban California Blue let out four calling out in the neighborhood — Showing that dinosaurs and humans must now co-exist with one another.

The end of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.