Chapter IV | It can camouflage

TW: Gore

~¤~

The elevator dinged as Emily and Owen got out and inside the control room, the teenager's heart is still pounding from Sabler's break out. She knew this wasn't like him to do that, now her mind was wondering what did the adolescence hybrid dinosaur was planning.

Before she could step out, a security guard step up in front of them. "I need to see a badge. Sir, Ma'am." Emily flashed her badge up and followed Owen, "What the happened out there?" he asked. "There are thermal cameras all over that paddock. He did not just disappear!"

Claire sighed, "It must have been some kind of a technical malfunction." she assured him.

"Were you not watching?" Owen angrily ask, "He marked up that wall as distraction. He wanted us to think he escaped!"

"Hold on. We are talking about an animal here."

"A highly intelligent animal." Emily joined in.

"400 meters to the beacon." Vivian announced, the three looked up to the screen to see a team armed with weapons to take down Spartan.

"You're going after him with non-lethals?" Owen started,

Masrani answered. " We have $26 million invested in that asset. We can't just kill it!"

"Those men are gonna die." Owen whispered.

"Those weapons aren't gonna do shit to The Indominus Rex. Just make him more angry." Emily joined in again.

"300 meters to the beacon." Vivian called out.

"You need to call this mission off right now." Owen yelled out.

"They're right on top of it."

"Call it off right now!" Owen yelled out again.

"You are not in control here!" Claire snapped at him, standing up for her team.

"Claire please!" Emily pleaded.

~¤~

Meanwhile, the ACU team trudged through the jungle. Weapons aimed around them, waiting for any sign of the I.Rex. While walking through the small rive, The Commander notice a piece of white flesh with a tracking implant. He picked it up and said, "Blood's not clotted yet. It's close."

Everyone at the control room notice this, even Marsani as he ask them, "What is that?"

Owen walk up to the screen and replied, "That's his tracking implant. He clawed it out."

"How would it know to do that?" Claire ask, confused.

Emily's eyes widen, "He remembers where they put it in."

Then, The Commander notice blood dripping onto his arm. He looks up to see blood dripping from leaves, he backs up and just in time to see the infamous hybrid itself. Revealing itself from the foliage as he snarls at them.

"It can camouflage!" The Commander yelled out.

Spartan let out a roar and picked up The Commander from the ground, the team started to shoot at the hybrid. But to no prevail, Spartan drops the man and stomps him with his foot.

The people back at the control watched in horror as the hybrid continue his massacre by; Swiping them with his tail, Chomping, Swiping them with his machete claws, during the massacre that almost made Emily regurgitate is when Spartan bit into a man's chest and pull it out, sending flesh and intestine flying everywhere.

Only a few men survived the attack, a lot of them died in a gruesome way. Emily didn't know what the hell has she gotten herself into when she sign up to raise the hybrid.

Owen sighed, "Evacuate the island." he told Claire.

"We'd never reopen." she said.

"You made a genetic hybrid, raised it in captivity. He is seeing all of this for the first time. He does not even know what he is. He will kill everything that moves." Owen explained to Claire.

"Do you think the animal is contemplating its own existence?" Marsani ask.

"He is learning where he fits in the food chain, and I'm not sure you want him to figure that out," Owen replied. "Now, Asset Containment can use live ammunition in an emergency situation. You have an M134 in your armory. Put it on a chopper and smoke this thing!"

Claire scoffed, "We have families here. I'm not gonna turn this place into some kind of a war zone!"

"Yeah. Well, you already have!" Owen shot back.

"Mr. Grady, if you're not gonna help, there's no reason for you to be in here. " Claire told him, in anger, Owen sweeps all the dinosaur toys that's on Lowery's desk onto the floor before leaving. Emily picked up the toys and place them back on Lowery's desk, the man thanked her in appreciation.

Before leaving, Emily told Claire. "This is all your fault."

She then left.