Chapter XII | Back at Isla Nublar

~¤~

~¤~

The airplane landed in the entrance of Jurassic World where people that look like mercenary men getting their weapons ready, Emily was the last person to get out of the airplane, she saw Owen and Claire talk to an older mercenary man. "So you're the young dinosaur trainer?" The mercenary asked her.

"Yeah." Emily replied.

"The name's Kent Wheatley." He shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you." Emily said with a smile.

One of the mercenary men lead her into one of their cars, she was cramp between two men as they drove towards the main attraction of Jurassic World. "The T-Rex should be dead by now, right?" Franklin asked.

"Yeah, well it's impossible to know the max life span of a clone in a completely different environment." Zia explains. "Take a caveman that would've lived 20 years. Feed him prime meals, give him healthcare, he's gonna live... Five times as long."

Franklin pauses for a while before saying. " So, she'd be dead by now. Right?"

Emily snorts at that.

They reach the main attraction of the abandon park where Emily and the others saw a brachiosaurus walking pass the main park, giving everyone surprise.

~¤~

They continue driving until they reach a power building, they waited for Franklin to power up the building. Emily watches the others start to track for Blue, "There she is. I'm gonna need to borrow your truck." Owen told the others.

"I'm coming with you. We don't know what kind of condition she might be in." Zia informed.

"Me too." Emily chimed in.

"Miss, things could get hairy out there." Kent told Zia.

She stops in her tracks before turning around and grab her sedative, "These are powerful sedatives. One too many, and she could have respiratory failure." She informed him. "Also, I'm not as soft and witless as your comment implies." She place the sedative back in his bandolier before leaving.

Emily packed up her bag before placing it around her shoulder.

"Oh, Owen." Claire stops Owen in his tracks. "Be careful. Okay?"

"If I don't make it back... Remember." He pauses before adding. "You're the one who made me come." He smiled before leaving. "I'll be all right."

~¤~

Emily, Owen and Zia got out of the trucks as they trek through the forest.  They split up to make finding Blue easier.

Emily wonder around the forest— trying to track down Spartan which is hard since he's a clever dinosaur and an expert at hiding. She crouch down as she examine the familiar footprint where a broken branch sat perfectly in the center, she stood up as she turn to see a tree that has three long scratches across it. She traces the markings before hearing branches cracking in the distance, she follow the sound towards a clearing.

She sigh as she sat down on the log as she look around the woods, she heard a low guttural noise in that sounded like it's in front of her. She look up to see something moving in the trees, she then saw two familiar eyes.