Part 4-Restless Nights

Grayson: "What was your main goal for this break-in?"

Y/N: "It was... uh, just a looting mission."

Grayson: "Is that so, did you plan for the explosion to happen?"

Y/N: "No! It just happened suddenly. I don't know why!" you yell.

Grayson is slightly taken back by that sudden outburst.

Y/N: "Sorry,"

Grayson: "It's alright. I can only imagine how you feel right now. You clearly didn't do this," she says. You feel slightly relieved until she says, "But you know who did."

You say nothing in response and look down at the floor in shame.

Grayson: "Look kid, just give us the names."

Y/N: "I- I can't do that."

Grayson: "Because you don't know? Or because you don't want to?" she asks.

CC: "Y/N, just tell her who was part of it."

You continue to look at the ground and think about what you should do. You look up at Grayson who gives you an inquiring look. You take a deep breath,

Scene Change/Timeskip

Vander moves a small sign out of his way walking into a small pawn shop. Claggor follows behind him holding a sack of goods. The dimly lit sign hums in low tones against the dew environment. Benzo's, the sign reads. Vander gets to the door and turns to Claggor.

Vander: "Nobody comes in." he tells him.

Vander enters the shop and sees gadgets and exotic supplies hanging on the walls and on shelves. A large man is closely inspecting a green ornament and sees Vander.

Benzo: "We're closed."

Vander: "Well, open up." he replies.

Benzo: "For good. You can take your useless junk elsewhere." he snarls back.

Vander: "Just as well. Owner's the shittiest businessman I know."

They both stare at each other before starting to laugh hysterically. Benzo turns his head to a small child tinkering with something.

Benzo: "Ekko. What's going on with that thing?"

Ekko: "Give me a few seconds. The cannon pinion's still busted."

Benzo: "Finish it later. Vander and I need a word."

Ekko tries to protest but Benzo sends him on his way. Ekko picks up a crate, quickly trots to the door, and greets Claggor.

Benzo: "You're a little early. My guys are still roundin' up this month's collections. Won't have numbers until next...." Vander dumps a load of junk onto the table. "Whoo. Why are you muckin' about with this?"

Vander: "I assume you've heard?"

Benzo: "Yeah," he laughs. "Me and half the undercity."

They continue to talk until Vander surprises him.

Vander: "Someone was following them."

Benzo: "A lot of someones, from what I've heard." he chuckles.

Vander: "Not enforcers. Someone on our side." he corrects him.

Benzo: "Who?"

Vander: "There are worse things than enforcers out there." he says looking at his wrist. "We both know that."

The two discuss for a few more minutes. Benzo pulls out two cups and a flask and pours Vander and himself a drink. Just as he does that, the door swings open, letting in a gust of wind that moves the fire on the candles. Grayson and Marcus walk in taking off their masks.