Part 8-Happy Progress Day!

Jayce: "All right, just a few more screws." he says tinkering with a device. "And, done! You can open your eyes now Y/N."

You open your eyes to see metal contraptions on both of your legs. You are slightly intimidated by the sheer size of them, but Viktor assures you that they're safe.

Viktor: "Go ahead Y/N, we made sure that they wouldn't malfunction during use."

Y/N: "Ok," you say.

You lift yourself off the cot and slowly bring your legs to the ground. Once your feet touch the ground, you gradually let go of the cot and hop off, trying to balance yourself on the ground. You waver a little bit until you fully stand up straight.

Y/N: "Oh my god I'm doing it!" you say in shock.

Jayce: "Try walking around a bit." he says.

You slowly put one foot in front of the other and eventually do it faster and faster, almost taking laps around the room.

Viktor: "How do they feel?"

Y/N: "They're great!" you say.

You continue to walk around and you even jump, something you hadn't done in nearly a decade.

Viktor: "Your legs seem to be well, your spine however will still need some time to adjust. I give it 6 months to a year you should be able to walk normally again."

Y/N: "Wow, ok!"

You continue to walk around and get a little too excited. You try jump but end up nearly falling on your face. Luckily, Jayce catches you by your shirt and pulls you back up.

Jayce: "Try not to take it too far. These aren't magic legs. Just mechanical legs." he says. "Well I've got to go, Heimerdinger wants to see me and it sounds important." he says.

Viktor: "Well then I must get back to the lab."

Y/N: "Wait wait, what should I do then?"

Viktor: "Just get used to your new legs, and meanwhile, go enjoy yourself. It's progress day, go into Piltover, go have fun in the festival." he suggests.

Y/N: "You know what, sure. I will. But what about you? Surely you can't just take a break and have fun as well. I mean I think your new assistant has eyes for you, wink wink." you say while winking.

Viktor: "Ms. Young? No no. That would be very inappropriate. Besides, I love working on Hextech." he says leaving the room as well.

You decide to go ahead and listen to Viktor and go into central Piltover. Plus, Caitlyn was patrolling, so it gave you an excuse to go and see her.

Scene Change/Timeskip

The Festival is bustling with business, people, and music. Hundreds of excited civilians explore the new wonders and technologies of Piltover. You walk around and see children running around with smiles on their faces.

Child: "Happy progress day!" one says to you.

Y/N: "Happy progress day." you kindly respond back.

While trotting through the festival, a mechanical butterfly flutters around your face, and lands on your hair. It seems to rest there as you continue walking. You see Cassandra and walk up to her.

Y/N: "Hi Mrs. Kiramman."

Cassandra Kiramman: "Y/N your way past calling me Mrs. Kiramman. You call me Cassandra."

Y/N: "Ok, Mrs. Kiramman." you say. "Do you know where Caitlyn is by any chance?"

Cassandra Kiramman: "I believe she's right behind you." she smiles.