Yin and Yang

Almost a month had passed since Wu Jian had dinner with the Zhou Clan at their compound.

He had not seen nor spoken to Zhou Lihua since then, so he did not know how she was doing. But the Zhou Clan and Wu Clan had become closer since then. Wu Jian had gone to the Auction House several times with his father and they were given VIP treatment. Not only were they allowed to sit in a booth that overlooked the entire auction hall, the Zhou Clan allowed them to buy cultivation pills at a discounted price.

The days had not flown by, as one might expect when life consists of nothing but training, but was instead plodding along at a steady pace. Spring was giving way to summer now. That meant the atmosphere was getting warmer.

While the Shang Kingdom enjoyed a mild climate, the area where Zahn City was located was often subjected to hotter summers and colder winters. It would not be long before the sweltering heat made everyone want to remain indoors.

Even Zahn City, located at a higher elevation than much of the Shang Kingdom, would become quite warm come summertime.

"How does someone decide on a cultivation method?"

Wu Jian looked up at Hou Jingshu as she asked this question.The girl had a book in front of her. She flipped through the pages at a slow but steady pace, eyes moving back and forth. It was a book about cultivation, something he and Wu Meiying had already scoured through a few years prior to Hou Jingshu's arrival.

"There are a lot of ways to decide on a cultivation method, but traditionally, you want to choose one that matches either your body type, affinity, or your fighting style," Wu Jian answered.

"Can you explain that to me?" asked Hou Jingshu, gesturing toward the book. "This isn't explaining that part to me very well."

"Sure. Let's see. Hmm. Why don't I start with body type?" Clearing this throat, Wu Jian began his small lecture, "While this method does not apply to everyone, there are some people whose unique body works better with certain cultivation methods than others. I think the greatest example I can use is someone with a pure yin or pure yang body. You know that chi is made from a combination of yin and yang energies, right?"

"Of course. Yin and yang are also known as the energies of heaven and earth. They are opposing forces that combine together and form what's known as chi. Everyone knows that," Hou Jingshu said.

"Right. Well, someone with a pure yin or pure yang body are only capable of creating one type of energy. Someone with a pure yin body is better suited toward cultivation methods that have ice or negative affinities like darkness and shadow. Someone with a pure yang body will be better off with a cultivation method for affinities like fire and light. I've also read that body enhancing cultivation methods are more suitable to someone with a pure yang body."

Hou Jingshu did not say anything as she listened to Wu Jian's explanation. Her bright eyes were focused entirely on him. She wasn't even blinking, which just showed how diligently she was paying attention to him.

"Of course, almost everyone slants toward either yin or yang," Wu Meiying interrupted. "You'll almost never find someone who has achieved complete balance. You're definitely gonna be more slanted toward yang."

"You think so?" asked Hou Jingshu.

"Yes. Because you are very active and like getting into other people's business, you will definitely be a yang user. Yin users tend to be more quiet."

"I-I do not get into other people's business!" Hou Jingshu snapped with a blush.

"You kind of do, actually. Remember when Ming Shen was disrupting that man's business before the tournament? You jumped in almost immediately and tried to help out. Mei and I also found you trying to protect that kitten. I imagine you saw those kids and leapt in without even thinking about it," Wu Jian said.