Senior Year

Leila had been showing her true self even at school the last year. No more baggy shirts or sweatshirts but letting her wings be in free air. She was finally felt like herself now that she wasn't hiding who she was minus using some makeup to cover the pentagram on her arm. 

She was having fun in high school got all the classes she wanted. 

A Day

8:00am-8:50am (Mr. Jonas Mohan) Algebra 2

8:55am-9:45am (Mrs. Lula Cobler) Creative Writing

9:50am-10:40am (Mr. George Ferguson) German

10:45am-11:45am (Ms. Kendra Carter) Nutrition

11:50am-12:50pm Lunch 2

12:55pm-1:45pm (Mrs. Cailin Walker) Geology

1:50pm-2:40pm (Mr. Tobias Warwick) Graphic Design

B Day

8:00am-8:50am (Mr. Jonas Mohan) Algebra 2

8:55am-9:45am (Mrs. Lula Cobler) Creative Writing

9:50am-10:40am (Mrs. Desiree Hanssen) Women's Studies

10:45am-11:45am Lunch 1

11:50am-12:50pm (Mr. Christopher Ellison) Music Theory

12:55pm-1:45pm (Mrs. Cailin Walker) Geology

It was a warm fall evening when i had looked at the clock and realized Leila was not home yet. She normally would let me know if she was going over to a friends house to study or would let me know what she was doing. At 4:00pm she swung open the front door with a big smile.

"Mom!" she exclaimed "Guess who is on the graduation planning commitee!!?" she asked in a sarcastic yet questioning way.

"Let me take a wild guess..... YOU" i yelled out. 

"yes, that is why im a bit late to get home. Meetings are going to be after classes around 3pm-ish."

"that is very exciting but the big thing is to remember its for everyone not just yourself." I told her this and at this point she had walked up stairs and was already to her bedroom. I then knew the conversation was over.

There was always things for her to tell me when she got home from how her day went to what they talked about in the meetings. Yet that day she was just most excited about making graduation planning commitee.

As the school year went on she had her meetings with the other commitee members and events came and gone. there was one event i knew was in the future and was not sure how she would react.... This event was SENIOR PROM.